Senior Business Development Manager
Creative is seeking a Senior Business Development Manager who is expected to be a lead contributor to Creative’s growth strategy and worldwide impact. Representing the Communities in Transition (CIT) Division and working closely with Regional Business Development Directors in the Business Development Division, you will be responsible for developing, tracking and managing a robust pipeline of focused opportunities that align Creative’s global program and business objectives. This position will be the primary liaison between CIT, its Practice Areas, and the Business Development divisions. You will help spearhead efforts to ensure Creative is aligned with, and informing, market and client priorities.
You will work strategically with senior BD Leadership, CIT leadership and external partners to develop and implement strategies and plans for successful opportunity capture. In conjunction with Regional Business Development Directors, you will oversee capture teams and ensure technically sound project design, viable win strategies, and readiness for proposals. This includes working with the subject matter experts, proposal team, contracts, pricing, and talent acquisition. You will build and strengthen relationships with counterparts in all Practice Areas to promote company collaboration and leverage corporate cross cutting capacity.
Reporting & Supervision:
The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Communities in Transition. The position regularly interacts with CIT Practice Area Directors and Regional Business Development Directors.
- Be the division’s main driver in working with Business Development Division and other corporate stakeholders in capturing new U.S. Government and international donor government contracts for the division;
- Guide proposal development process within the division for strategically important small bid opportunities (under $2.5 million);
- Leverage professional relationships and market knowledge to Identify and qualify new business opportunities that align to Creative’s target capabilities and development approaches. Specifically, within USAID, Department of State, DFID, OTI, World Bank and other international development funders;
- Conduct client and industry partner visits to understand current and emerging customer needs and requirements. Obtain competitive intelligence and data pertaining to targeted pursuits;
- Representing CIT division, assist Regional BD Directors in overseeing end-to-end capture and support of other capture-related activities to include proposal solutioning and authoring, developing and implementing formal capture plans, and orchestrating, along with other team members, all capture activities. Work with Practice Area Directors to define capture team resource requirements and costs associated with bids, and present budgets to Division Director for approval;
- Representing CIT division, assist Regional BD Directors in performing formal, but rapid assessment of corporate/team capabilities, strengths, and weaknesses and develop win themes, differentiators and will coordinate with other capture and corporate support teams (e.g., finance/pricing, marketing, human resources/recruitment);
- Representing CIT division, assist Regional BD Directors in managing the opportunity assessment process recommending bid/no bid decisions;
- Build relationships with key partners, designing and executing a winning proposal strategy.
- Assist in development of cost strategies and phase reviews;
- Participate in reviews of live proposals to ensure win strategies are appropriately articulated and executed;
- Maintain responsibility for overseeing ongoing market strategy pertaining to CIT, and multi-year planning activities. Assist Practice Area Directors to develop capture plans and shaping initiatives for the pursuit and successful capture of key qualified opportunities;
- Help establish value-add-teaming strategies and competitively priced-to-win structure sand solutions;
- Identify known, perceived technical risks and avoidance/mitigation strategies; and
- Develop, mentor/train junior BD and Capture Managers within the organization
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development or a closely related field;
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in international development, with at least five (5) of those years leading new business development efforts;
- Ability to comprehend and make significant contributions to development and execution of business plans, including marketing strategies and tactics;
- Significant prior experience in marketing, capture management, and USAID/Department of State proposal development;
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, influence and manage risk;
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to be a team player at all levels;
- Ability to successfully lead solution development and technical proposal volumes for large scale ($20M+), highly strategic, and complex deals;
- Proven ability to conduct competitive assessments;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead complex teams;
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to present to senior level executives as well as represent the company at public service or industry forums;
- Business acumen and solid understanding of contracting with federal agencies/entities;
- Ability to interact with high level internal and external personnel; and
- Ability to travel up to 20%.
Please apply on our website: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/CRE1010CREAI/JobBoard/b093422a-53ee-4b40-...