Programme Operations Manager
Programme Operations Manager Ed Tech Hub
Salary: £40,575.03-£50,466.08 per annum
Ref: Edtech 04/19
An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable
and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change. (odi.org)
The EdTech Hub is a newly launched consortium-based project funded by the UK government (DFID). With budget envelope of £20m spread across 8 years, the programme aims to establish a platform for research on innovation and application of technologies to close the gap in provision of education worldwide. This will be achieved through research, innovative testing of solutions for education and engagement with the stakeholders.
ODI serves as lead of the EdTech Hub consortium and is responsible for Programme Management and Governance of the Hub, contributing across Research, Innovation and Engagement spheres. The core partners in the consortium include University of Cambridge, Jigsaw, Brink, Open Development for Education, and Results for Development, along with several regional partners. The EdTech Hub is currently partway through its Inception Phase, lasting until December 2019, after which there are plans for the project to continue until at least March 2027.
JOB AND PERSON SPECIFICATION
The EdTech Hub programme are looking for an exceptional individual to provide overall financial and programme management for the EdTech, Hub including budget management and the coordination of work planning and knowledge management systems, under oversight by the EdTech Director of Programme and with support from a Programme Administrator and Programme Officer.
Knowledge and qualifications
● Communications skills to manage a complex consortium with many partners
● Experience working on adaptive and agile programmes
● High level of numeracy (with particular focus on management of complex budget monitoring tools)
● Knowledge and substantial experience in coordination of proposals development, drafting reports and knowledge management for a multi-million programme
● Basic understanding of/or interest in technology in education and international development issues
● Masters degree in a relevant discipline
● Substantial experience of development and management of large, complex consortium programmes with multiple internal and external stakeholders in international development context
● Experience of establishing complex systems and procedures for programme
● Experience in management and monitoring of multi-million budgets
● Experience of donor relationship management, including donor narrative and financial reporting, particularly experience of reporting to donors such as DFID, World Bank and Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
● Substantial experience of managing staff to ensure delivery within tight deadlines in a cross-institutional environment
● Advanced IT skills including excel, word, outlook, PowerPoint and databases. Familiarity with GoogleDrive
● Ability to write well and to prepare reports with minimum supervision
● Multitasking and flexibility in a high-pressure environment
● Ability to innovate in order to overcome problems
● Exceptional planning and execution skills
● Ability to work to own initiative with minimum supervision
● Familiarity with digital communication and information sharing tools such as Kanban, Slack etc.
● Experience as an Agile scrum master
● Experience working in a developing country or with developing country partner organisations
The Programme Operations Manager – EdTech Hub will lead the day-to-day management of EdTech Hub and provide oversight and information to the Directors and donors. The job will involve complex consortium and stakeholder management, intensive work planning and delivery tracking, oversight of the consortium budget, leadership of a programme management team, external representation of ODI and the EdTech Hub and other management aspects involved with an assignment of this size and complexity. The EdTech Hub is committed to adaptive management and agile programming structures, with this role leading on delivery of the Hub’s ways of working in this regard.
Closing date: Tuesday 29th October 2019
Interview Date: Week of the 4th November 2019
For more information, please download an application pack from ODI direct web site job board. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 0351 or email email@example.com
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248https://www.odi.org/