Programme Officer ( Research & Report writing), P-2, BENI - DRC TA -(3 months)
I. Purpose of the job:
The writing & reporting officer reports to the Ebola Formative Research Manager (Level 4) for guidance and general supervision. The Officer supports the compilation of data to develop clear, professional reports, papers and presentations that are communicable for various audiences.
The aim of the formative research team is to work closely with existing programmes and the Ebola response through the commissions to conduct research which will result in clearly identified opportunities for improving quality and accountability of the response.
The research team will work together with the UNICEF programme teams to adapt programmes to the results and recommendations. The team lead the Social Sciences Research Group and coordinate with all commissions, working alongside the EpiCell
II. Key Functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Compile, collecte, document and analyse compile data (reports/ presentations etc)
2. Desk research to triangulate results in existing reports and data
As required, conduct desk and literature reviews to find triangulated data to support report writing
Work with M&E teams from other partners (UN, NGOs and the government) to have and share access to resources
Coordinate with local universities or learning platforms to share and access information and reports
3. Develop briefing notes, reports and papers on research findings
4. Make presentations for various groups and interests using existing data and resources
III. Impact of Results
The Formative Research in Ebola will contribute to an improved informed UNICEF response based on context and community knowledge and understanding, as well as strong research and understanding in short and long term potential impacts of the Ebola response. The research team will contribute to UNICEF’s accountability to affected populations and appropriateness and quality of the overall response.
IV. Competencies and level of proficiency required (based on UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles).
V. Recruitment Qualifications
Fluency in French and in English is required. Knowledge of the local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and on any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks
* The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receivingan offer.
* Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
* Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish. Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=526896