Local Expert for Monitoring, Evaluation and Reports - Reconstruction Sector - Iraq
1. Context, Scope
The Local Expert for Monitoring, Evaluation and Reports - Iraq - is member of an international consultant team (MMC – Management & Monitoring Consultant) monitoring the progress of reconstruction activities in the Republic of Iraq. The team supports a key governmental institution responsible for reconstruction and rehabilitation in coordinating the reporting by the different stakeholders involved in the implementation of a large scale program. The MMC will further support the client in preparing consolidated quarterly reports based on information provided by sectoral Project Management Teams (PMTs). These reports cover, on overall Programme- and sector level, following issues:
· Expected and achieved milestones during the reporting period;
· Comparison of objectives, performance and expected completion;
· Actual work schedule versus planned work schedule and the revised implementation schedule, if applicable;
· Financial monitoring and status of budget;
· Social and Environmental risks and safeguards (incl. security risks); and
· Constraint and difficulties encountered, solutions proposed and need for decision making and guidance.
While the project language is English, communication on specific issues with many stakeholders is hold in Arabic. Many key documents are translated into Arabic.
2. Key Responsibilities
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer’s responsibility is to
coordinate and support day-to-day implementation of the monitoring and evaluation activities, in accordance with the respective Results Framework. On quarterly baseKey responsibilities of the M&E Officer include but are not limited to the following:
To apply – and if necessary recommend adjustments to - indicators and procedures of monitoring and evaluation of the Programme’s efforts, activities and outcomes;
To operate and apply the IT-based Monitoring and Reporting System of the programme;
To ensure that all data necessary is properly provided to the system;
To generate quarterly reports and other reports, tables and charts from the IT-based system;
To support sector specific staff in development of M&E plans;
To instruct stakeholders in the application of templates for reporting on physical progress, in coordination with the Team Leader and the International Monitoring Expert, and train staff in its application;
To prepare regular (monthly, quarterly, annual, and other as requested) reports on the results of the Programme-supported projects, for the Management as well as for stakeholders;
To periodically supervise implementation and results of the Programme’s M&E procedures and suggest modifications as required;
Any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.
· Advanced university degree in any of the following fields: social and/or political science, public administration, international development, or similar and 8 to 10 years relevant experience
· At least 5 years of experience and a proven track record with M&E systems, preferably in major, donor-financed emergency aid or development funds with local partners in developing countries
· Sound knowledge of project cycle management and/or results-based management
· Experience in operating IT-based monitoring systems, literacy in major data base software, excellent Excel skills
· Ability and readiness to work in a multi-ethnic environment
· Fluency in spoken and written English
· At least working knowledge of Arabic
Additional experience which shall be considered in favor of the incumbent
· Practical experience of working in an emergency aid and/or development co-operation context in a conflict or post-conflict environment
· Experience with an international professional background obtained in relevant long-term assignments outside Iraq
· Work experience in countries of the Middle East Region
Personal characteristics (generally describe the ideal candidate)
· Good motivation skills
· Results oriented
· Good communicator, used to work with persons from different cultural background
· Team worker
· Able to multi-task across projects
· Thorough and detail oriented
· Strong problem-solving
· Open to learn and apply new IT-systems and tools.
3. Start and Duration of Assignment
One (1) year assignment with a 3-month probation period. Planned start of assignment: December 2019.
If you are interested in the assignment, please kindly send your application in English language via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application should include the following documents and information:
- Your CV in English language;
- A list of reference persons with contact details, if not included in the CV already.
Candidates who are considered for further evaluation and for recommendation to the client will be notified within three weeks after reception of the application.
Please kindly understand that all other candidates will not be notified.