ADVOCACY COORDINATOR- National (INT6026)
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
We are looking for an Advocacy Coordinator to strengthen the voices of Oxfam and its partners in national, regional and global policy related to Iraq, and to help Oxfam staff and management achieve their objectives through policy/advocacy support.
What we are looking for
Our next Advocacy Coordinator will require:
• Fluency in written and spoken English and written and spoken Arabic. (Essential). Fluency in Kurdish or other regional languages an advantage.
• At least three years' work experience in the field of policy, including with government, the UN, or civil society. (Essential)
• Experience working on humanitarian response/development, human rights, women’s rights, or other topics aligned with Oxfam’s strategic plan. (Essential)
• Education in social sciences, journalism or law to degree level, or equivalent. (Essential)
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills, and an ability to think/operate innovatively and strategically. (Essential)
• Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to write substantial pieces of analysis. (Essential)
• Excellent representational and lobbying skills, and experience of advocacy with senior decision-makers. (Essential)
• Proven leadership skills, including the ability to challenge, motivate and develop direct reports and teams. (Essential)
• Experience developing and managing the delivery of advocacy strategies. (Essential)
• Personal qualities that ensure both effective self-management and teamwork, including flexibility, respect for others, and sense of humour. (Essential)
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in your carrier, to act as a key contributor to advocacy activities, to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields etc, training and development, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and respond to three key questions related to your experience in WASH. Your application will be shortlisted based on your CV and your responses to the above questions. You need not comment on your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
For more details about this consultancy, please visit the job advert using below link:
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy a life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.