Finance Manager, Niger /Burkina Faso
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has started-up an emergency response both in Niger and Burkina Faso under one country management leadership to respond to humanitarian needs of the displaced and conflict affected civilians in line with NRC’s ambition of being present where needs are. NRC is in the process of setting up offices in Niamey and Ouagadougou. At present, NRC is looking at responding to needs within the following core competencies: Shelter/Wash, Education and ICLA (information Counselling and Legal Assistance).
We are recruiting an experienced Finance Manager with a strong ability to work in a team, a keen appetite for problem shooting and an interest in operations for our new country programme in Niger/Burkina Faso.
This is an opportunity to lead the set-up of a new country office from all fronts: staff training/ capacity building, financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation both in Niger and Burkina Faso.
As member of the Country Management Group, you will provide overall leadership to the above support function by ensuring that country set up comply with NRC policies, handbooks and donor/auditor requirements.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context;
- Proven management experience of teams (including on capacity building).
- Experience with donor requirements and accountability related to grants management;
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- A competitive salary package at grade 9, according to NRC’s general conditions (See attached the NRC Grade structure)
- Commencement: ASAP
- Based in Ouagadougou with travel to Niamey, Areas offices and field sites
- Contract period: 12 months with possibility of extension
- The opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- The chance to meet and work with people who are some of the best in their fields
Due to the rapid start-up, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We will only contact those short-listed for the position and may appoint prior to the closing date.
Internal, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this role.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activity. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and location
Link to apply for position