Interns for South Sudan Project (f/m/d)
At the core of the Max Planck Foundation’s mission stands the provision of technical legal assistance to developing countries, particularly to countries in transition or conflict (see: http://www.mpfpr.de). Through legal consulting and legal capacity building activities, the Foundation assists States endeavouring to develop their legal systems and strengthen their institutions. The Foundation also provides legal expertise to responsible institutions and legal professionals with the aim of enabling them to autonomously carry out necessary changes.
In this context, the South Sudan team is seeking full-time interns starting in January 2020 to facilitate the ongoing preparation and drafting of legal texts and materials. Main duties will include: preparation and formatting of law report collections, review of law report documentation, as well as other organisational tasks.
- high level of English-language proficiency;
- excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel und PowerPoint);
- in-depth knowledge of legal drafting is an advantage;
- commitment and flexibility;
- practical experience and interest in Sub-Saharan Africa/the Middle East are desirable.
- interesting and challenging tasks within an international environment;
- the opportunity of gaining an insight into the Foundation’s activities;
- a small stipend.