The Syrian Civil Defense saves people's lives and enhances the role of civil society organizations. And is committed to neutrality, objectivity and human values, and declares its non-dependence on any political party or party to the conflicts, where it is committed to serve all the Components of the Syrian people, which is the people and is available to serve.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Job Vacancy Code : WH-PR2-001
Duty Station: Turkey- Gaziantep
Reporting to: Programs Manager (PM)
Line management responsibility: Project Field coordinator, project officers, technicians, project team
Full/Part Time: Full time
Total Contract period: One year
Starting Date: ASAS
Probation Period: 3 months
Scope of Work:
Under the supervision of the Programs s Manager, working closely with the Syria Civil Defence (SCD) departments and field teams to to ensure good implementation and hight quality for rubble removal project.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for performing the following tasks:
1. Project Management:
• The project coordinator will be a focal point for rubble removal project to Syrian Civil Defence management and donor.
• Participate with donor in project activities’s planning and putting schedule.
• Ensure that the project’s objectives and plans are implemented on time, scope, and within budget and in accordance with donor/partner/ stakeholder compliance requirements.
• Participate in project team building by coordination with HR, finance,logistics and M&E departments.
• Ensure good implementation to project’s activities according the determined budget and time.
• Ensure the good investment for project resources like as rented vehicles, human resources and relation with local communities.
• Supervising, directing and supporting the project team in field.
• Supervising contractor works.
• Follow up and evaluate the progress of the project activities and determine the necessary corrective actions according to the approved procedures.
• Monitor project budget and expenses and ensuring compliance with plans.
• Writing 4W, periodic and final narrative projects’ reports ,and all reports requested by donors or SCD in a time to meet the requirements of SCD management and donors.
• Ensure that all supporting reports and documentation of project activities are prepared in time and reviewed and shared with donors in full coordination with relevant departments
• Ensure that all project activities implemented according to SCD policies.
• Ensure that all project activities are carried out in accordance with humanitarian principles and international humanitarian law.
• Daily intensive coordination with the project team (finance, logistics, monitoring and evaluation, human resources, and all project activities’ stakeholders of the Syria Civil Defense.
• Regular and intensive coordination with the programs manager to share the progress of project activities
• Work closely with the Syrian civil defense departments to assess the needs of the civil defense community.
• Coordinate with the Syrian and international coordination bodies regarding the planning and implementation of project activities
• Share project progress’ reports on a regular basis.
• Coordinate periodically with his/her peers of project coordinators and share all information required in a smooth and professional manner.
• Contribute to creating a positive working environment for team members.
• Active Participation in the programs team meeting.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering or any related field.
• PMD1 or PMP certified
Experience and competencies.
1. Technical Experience:
· 5 years of professional experience, 3 years of them are in projects management fields non-profit organization or humanitarian field.
· Experience in rubble removal projects management is preferred.
· Proved advanced skills in reporting and proposal writing.
· Advanced level in MS. Word, MS. Excel, and MS. outlook.
· Familiar with cloud storge(Google drive, dropbox) and file sharing
· Good knowledge of budget design and management.
· Good knowledge of logistics and procurement standard and alternative procedures.
· Good level in English languages(B2).
2. Non-technical competencies
• Team Work and work cooperatively.
• High planning capacity
• Advanced communication skills (oral and written)
• Well-organized and able to work under pressure
• High follow-up skills
• Details Careful, following procedures, meeting deadlines for deliveries
• Ability to solve problems.
Please fill in the form below:
Deadline is on 19/10/2019
Note: Only selected candidates will be contacted on the shortlist