Program Manager - Nigeria
NCA is seeking an experienced Programme Manager to our office in Maiduguri, Nigeria. As Programme Manager, you will manage and guide the development of NCA’s programme activities in Nigeria in line with the Country Strategic Plan and NCA policies and strategies, ensuring quality, strategic purpose, participation and accountability. As a member of NCA Nigeria’s Senior Management Team, the Programme Manager reports to the Country Director.
The position is a one-year contract, with the possibility of extension. Commencement in October 2019.
The position is based in Maiduguri, Nigeria with frequent travel to Local Government Area project sites. Maiduguri is considered to be high risk area. This is an expat position only.
Duties and responsibilities
· Lead quality development and control in programmes through continuous improvement of programming methodologies, techniques and mentoring programme of project managers on programme tools and approaches.
· Oversee the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems in NCA Nigeria’s programme , in line with NCA programme polices, standards and strategies.
· Ensure the effective and professional management of donor grants and support the development of high-quality proposals.
· Provide ongoing mentoring, support and advice to Programme Managers to ensure high quality Project Cycle Management.
· Support development and implementation of NCA Nigeria Country Strategy and promote networking, and collaboration among stakeholders.
· Advanced university degree in development studies, public health, education, social sciences or other related discipline
· At least five years overseas experience in similar or related senior management positions.
· Experience in programme development, the project management cycle, budget management and participatory planning methodologies.
· Strong understanding of and commitment to the promotion of equality.
· Knowledge and experience of Disaster Risk Reduction Strategies and emergency preparedness.
· Fluent English (written and spoken).
· Previous experience of managing a diverse team of senior staff including international staff.
· Structured, well organized and self-driven
· Excellent communication, solid diplomatic and interpersonal skills
· Very good ability to inspire and build other peoples capacities
· Ability to work under pressure in a potentially unstable security environment.
· Culture and conflict sensitive
· The successful candidate must be loyal to NCA´s core Christian values and accept the ACT Alliance's Code of Conduct.
We can offer
· Exciting and meaningful projects with one of Norway's largest humanitarian organizations.
· Competitive terms and conditions and a comprehensive insurance and pension plan.
In accordance with core humanitarian principles, NCA implements a range of safeguards to prevent or reduce the possibility of humanitarian aid falling into the wrong hands. This includes those individuals and groups who are subject to sanctions by the United Nations Security Council. As part of this process, NCA will screen the details of the successful candidates for this post against the sanctions lists maintained by the UN and by some of NCAs governmental donors. Please be informed that this will only be applicable for international positions and senior national positions.
NCA uses electronic recruitment portal. You can register your CV, write an application and attach certificates and diplomas. Only applicants who use our electronic portal will be considered for the position.
To apply for the position, click the following link and remember to click apply job: https://kirkensnodhjelp.recman.no/job.php?job_id=108111