Homes and Community Initiatives Lead
Job Title: Homes and Community Initiative Lead
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor Shelter and Settlement
Internal Title: Sr. Program Manager
Department: Humanitarian Response Department
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: International Telecommuting
You will manage and provide strategic and management oversight of CRS' 2030 Strategic Platform 2 -- Building Safe and Dignified Homes and Communities. Your management, vision, leadership skills and knowledge will ensure the successful start-up and implementation of this Strategic Platform.
This Strategic Platform seeks to promote new and innovative approaches among peer agencies, local responders, stakeholders and governments for improved efficiencies in the humanitarian system, to collectively benefit 10 million people. Working with CRS staff and partners in ongoing humanitarian responses you will oversee creative approaches falling with the three workstreams of Sustainable Solutions, Localization and Collaboration/Coordination that can be adopted by humanitarian actors to improve the impact of humanitarian action.
* Master's Degree in International Development, International Relations, Public policy, Architecture or in any other field relevant to humanitarian shelter and settlement required. Additional experience may substitute for some education.
* Minimum of 5 years in relevant management experience required, with preferably at least 3 years working in the area of humanitarian response.
* Experience in humanitarian programming, multi-sectorial coordination, and in collaborating with local, regional and national government strategies and policies.
Required Languages -- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in other languages such as French, Spanish or Arabic is desirable.
* Demonstrated experience in successful humanitarian program management, including management of multi-sector and multi-stakeholder collaborative projects.
* Experience engaging multi-stakeholders such as local government, peer humanitarian agencies, partners and strengthening partnerships. Knowledge of CRS partnership strategy a plus.
* Experience in the development of humanitarian and or public shelter and or housing strategy and policy.
* Ability to represent and present at high levels.
* Experience in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications, and information and budget management systems.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
* Continuous Improvement & Innovation
* Builds Relationships
* Develops Talent
* Strategic Mindset
* Accountability & Stewardship
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS' processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.