Deputy Director, Community Health Systems
Are you an experienced researcher with a passion for global health equity? Do you have experience analyzing population data sets and publishing high quality manuscripts? If so, you may be our next Deputy Director of the Community Health Systems Lab (CHSL) (or Director of Implementation Science Research). Reporting to the Chief Science Officer/Chief Operating Officer and working closely with senior staff in the US and Togo, you will have the opportunity to play an important role in growing a high-impact social justice organization. Your technical expertise, growth mindset, collaborative teamwork, high level of attention to detail, and clear communication skills will be critical to advancing the mission of Integrate Health to achieve universal health coverage.
About Integrate Health
Integrate Health works alongside governments and the local community to implement and study an integrated approach to strengthening primary healthcare delivery in order to achieve universal health coverage. By integrating professional community health workers with improved care in public clinics, this approach creates a patient-centered health system that is accountable to the community and dramatically reduces mortality in severely resource-limited settings. We have developed a primary healthcare approach that works, leveraging community health workers and improved care in public sector clinics to deliver better health outcomes and strengthen national healthcare systems. Having demonstrated our approach in a catchment area that serves 140,000 people, we are scaling our model to cover 240,000 people by 2021 and are supporting the Government of Togo in its efforts to achieve universal health coverage. For more information on Integrate Health, please visit www.integratehealth.org.
IH conducts implementation research centered around the systems-level, multi-disciplinary field of implementation science. Implementation science is defined as the study of methods and strategies to promote the integration of research findings and evidence into healthcare policy and practice (NIH). By using implementation science methodologies, IH works to optimize its implementation of evidence-based interventions to inform and strengthen the public sector health system. This work is housed within IH’s Community Health Systems Lab (CHSL) and informs the design of community health programs in Togo and the Bronx. This position will play a key role in developing and implementing CHSL’s strategy in partnership with the Chief Science Officer.
- Embed Implementation Science and Data Analytics into healthcare delivery.
· Work with internal teams and external stakeholders to determine key research questions to be investigated.
· Select appropriate research methodology, develop protocols, train data collectors, analyze results and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
· Analyze, clean, and manage data from systems assessments and population outcomes.
· Oversee the implementation, planning, and supervision of studies on four levels of the data pyramid (systems assessments, population outcomes, program Implementation, and quality Improvement).
· Work with program teams to ensure that program design is built upon evidence, global best-practices and findings from research studies.
- Disseminate lessons learned to partners (community members, implementers, policy makers).
· Oversee the creation and implementation of dissemination strategy across US and Togo
· Lead (in collaboration with Chief Science Officer) global level dissemination activities through Community Health Collaborators, Peer-Reviewed Publications, and Conferences
· Publish 2-4 articles per year in a peer-reviewed journal
· Work with Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality Improvement team to ensure that key performance Indicators are accurate and adequately focused on output and outcome measures.
- CHSL Strategy
· Partner with the Chief Science Officer and senior staff to develop and implement the strategy and vision of CHSL.
· Contribute to ongoing resource mobilization and external communication efforts.
· Support IH leadership team in ongoing efforts strengthen data collection and analysis leveraging technology.
· IH requires employees to utilize a growth mindset in order to be successful in our fast-paced and constant-growth environment. We expect the Deputy Director to be open to taking on additional tasks as needed.
- Capacity building
· In partnership with the Research Capacity Building Manager, provide ongoing training and mentorship in implementation science, data analytics, and knowledge translation to IH staff and key stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
· PhD in epidemiology, biostatistics or implementation science
· Experience managing research projects from protocol development through publication in low-income countries
· A track record of publishing in peer reviewed journals
· Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce high quality deliverables on or ahead of deadline
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and spoken), with demonstrated ability to earn respect of colleagues and partners from diverse backgrounds
· Minimum 5 years of experience in relevant field
· Must be committed to social justice and to the fundamental rights of the poor
· English fluency required; French fluency desired
IH values include efficacy, empowerment, commitment, transparency, and respect. IH expects that the Assistant Director, CHSL will model and embody these values. Success in this position would take the form of analysis of research data completed on time, production of manuscripts accepted for publication and strategic support to building and growing CHSL. The Assistant Director, CHSL will be afforded a high level of responsibility. S/he will receive the necessary training and onboarding to understand the responsibilities being demanded. IH commits to providing a fair compensation package, support for travel as necessary, and opportunities for professional development. The Chief Operating Officer, who will supervise this position, and the Chief Science Officer, who will provide technical guidance, commit to being a supportive supervisor, listening to challenges, helping to brainstorm solutions, and providing assistance in any way possible.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The application deadline is rolling. Interested applicants are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Integrate Health. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.