Knowledge Management and Communication Specialist
Panagora Group, a woman-owned small business specializing in global health and international development, seeks a KM & Communications Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded health systems strengthening project in Uganda. Applicants are required to have experience working with USAID and must demonstrate an understanding of the health sector in Uganda. This is a full-time position located in Kampala, Uganda.
Responsibilities of the KM & Communications Specialist will include:
- Support the implementation of the project’s communications and knowledge management strategies, including maintaining communications with USAID, other partner organizations, and stakeholders
- Promote and ensure compliance with internal and external communications standards, guidelines, processes and protocols.
- Organize and maintain knowledge management resources such as trackers, tools, templates, visual assets (including photographs, video, icons, illustrations, and information graphics) on an approved shared platform and ensure that current and new staff know how to access and utilize these resources.
- Support the implementation of work plan activities, identifying opportunities to champion knowledge capture, analysis, sharing, and learning.
- Plan and facilitate workshops and learning activities such as brown bags and learn bites to help staff adapt knowledge management tools and practices to support data-driven decision making and project learning.
- Participate in face-to-face meetings, conference calls, and other relationship management activities with project partners and stakeholders to facilitate knowledge capture, analysis, sharing, and learning.
- Develop innovative ways to share project learning such as creating newsletters, posters, factsheets, and briefs and hosting share fairs, marketplaces, world cafes, webinars, peer learning sessions.
- Promote and facilitate staff engagement in country-level, project-level, and global communities of practice.
- Develop state focused products for regular stakeholder engagements as well as legacy products for the government of Uganda
- Support development of a country-level learning agenda
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Communications, Knowledge Management, Public Health, International Development or related field. Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in CLA, knowledge management, and monitoring and evaluation
- Thorough understanding of knowledge management and communication theory and practice
- Excellent command of the English language (verbal and written) with a proven ability to communicate complex information for non-experts (writing samples will be requested)
- Experience implementing and managing new information and workflow systems and processes
- Experience facilitating formal and informal learning events, including brown bags, learn bites, workshops, and trainings to socialize, support, and sustain knowledge management activities
- Prior experience with USAID projects, preferably in the public health sector
- Prior experience or familiarity with health or health systems programming
- Strong management and communication skills, including excellent writing ability in English
- Strong attention to detail