Front-End Web Developer & Production Manager
The Front-End Web Developer & Production Manager is responsible for managing the front-end development of PIH’s day-to-day web campaigns, deliverables, content and templates. This role will be responsible for the organization's visual presence on the web: maintaining and enhancing usability (UX) and content, and will contribute significantly to a planned redesign of the website’s theme.
Content production support and template development (50%)
- Collaborate with PIH's Communications team and digital consultants to manage the implementation of digital campaign deliverables and general website content.
- Work closely with editorial and creative teams to develop media-rich content pages and visual themes.
- Create, manage and support interactive web elements in Drupal 8.
- Work with Lead Developer and Communications team in all aspects of a visual redesign: planning, design, architecture, implementation and testing.
UX analysis, testing and optimization (40%)
- Research, recommend and implement strategies for UX optimization and improved content delivery.
- Monitor, analyze and report on digital platforms using Google Analytics and other reporting tools.
- Use KPIs and metrics analysis to inform design of pages and best practices for usability.
- Support Lead Developer in the development and testing of new website modules and functionality.
- Identify emerging digital opportunities and develop strategies for adding them to existing organizational goals.
Web project/issue management and intake (10%)
- Oversee the intake, prioritization and assignment of project/issue queue.
- Ensure development is consistent with modern software deployment and integration strategies.
- Support and maintain familiarity with all of PIH’s related web software and tools, including CRM database and donation pages.
- 2-3 years in the web development industry.
- Drupal 8 front-end and site-building experience.
- Appreciation for and interest in social justice and the mission of Partners In Health.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and countries.
- Eagerness to learn, try new things, and use creative experience.
- B.A. or B.S. in relevant field.
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks and preprocessors (Bootstrap, React, SASS).
- Familiarity with LAMP stack, provisioning and dependency management tools.
- Familiarity with hosting providers like Acquia, Pantheon and AWS.
- Adobe Photoshop or GIMP, prototyping and mockup tools.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone and Navajo Nation. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities.
Please include a cover letter with your application.