Senior Manager, Philanthropy
Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Vice President, Philanthropy
Location: Toronto (involves 10% international travel annually)
Status: Full-time, permanent
Contact level: B
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
As a key member of the Philanthropy team and reporting to the Vice President, Philanthropy, the Senior Manager, Philanthropy is responsible for the development and growth of a newly-launched and high-potential mid-tier giving program.
This position will lead a team of Associates serving as first point of contact for individual donors giving in the range of $5,000 - $19,999 (annually). The primary focus will be building a loyal and engaged pool of prospects for the organization’s major gift pipeline, and achieving annual revenue goals through the successful cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation of donors.
This role will also oversee management of two department programs: the stewardship and recognition framework; and a focused women’s circle initiative, The Equality Collective. Both programs will be developed in close partnership with the Vice President, Philanthropy.
What does success look like?
- Develop performance targets and measures for all areas of responsibility, in consultation with the Director, Philanthropy
- Accountable for the overall program management and revenue generation goals of the organization’s mid-tier portfolio
- Recruit, train, and lead a team of frontline fundraising staff, applying a moves management system
- Create and oversee solicitation, stewardship and cultivation plans in coordination with donor-facing fundraising staff; coaching a team to further engage and inspire increased donations
- Contribute to prospect identification activities and development of a robust major gifts pipeline
- With the aim of retention/upgrading of donors, and in conjunction with other stakeholders, develop and grow two giving clubs (Leadership Circle and Women in Philanthropy)
- Provide support to the larger Philanthropy team (including major gifts, planned/ legacy giving, and corporate partnerships), in maintaining a consistent stewardship and recognition framework
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Successful track record in fundraising or related work; Certified Fund Raising Executive designation preferred
- Expertise in a CRM database (i.e. Blackbaud), and Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to inspire confidence and trust in donors; and coach success from a team of frontline fundraising staff
- Demonstrated professionalism; capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Superior listening skills with the ability to translate the concerns and interests of donors into attractive opportunities for investment in Plan International Canada’s fundraising priorities
- Excellent organizational, research, and project management skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Innovative and creative, with the ability to conceptualize and implement new ideas
- Exemplary written, verbal and presentation skills including a well-developed networking ability
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and independence, whilst also comfortable working within an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
- A valid G driver’s license, use of a reliable vehicle, and ability to travel as required (regionally, nationally and internationally)
- A strong work ethic coupled with tact and diplomacy
- Personal values consistent with those of Plan International’s organizational values
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team, please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by October 20, 2019. Please reference Senior Manager, Philanthropy in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!