Consultants for roster - Grant Management Area
Consultants for Roster
Grant Management Area
Position Consultants for Roster – Grant Management Area
Place of work Various including home based assignments (with travels to field sites as required) and/or field offices
Type of Contract Individual Contract – Consultancy
Post Level Consultant
Languages Required English is mandatory, French, Spanish and Portuguese are an added value
Duration Various short and long-term assignments
In order to have access to a diverse range of knowledgeable and experienced individual consultants/experts, who possess expertise in the areas of Project Development and related areas, Save the Children Italy has created a roster of experts. The roster will help in facilitating the recruitment, hiring and evaluation of individual consultants from several professional backgrounds.
In this context, Save the Children is currently inviting experienced experts to apply to be considered for registration in the roster in the following areas of work:
Project Budgeting and Design for Institutional Donors
Financial project Management, Capacity Building and Reporting;
The roster aims at helping Save the Children in identifying a diverse range of experienced professionals in various areas of expertise related to Project Development.
Selected applicants will be included into a pool of highly-qualified experts for short to medium term assignments, ranging from a period of days to one/two months.
Duties and Responsibility
Experts will provide a range of technical advisory services to Save the Children. Specific reporting procedures and working relationships will be detailed at the time of contracting for each specific assignment. The range of tasks for the consultant will include:
Support to proposal development team in budget design, provision of compliance and donor rules advice of project funded by institutional donors
Support to International/National Portfolio team in conducting training/kick off meeting on the rules of the major institutional donors
Support to International/National Portfolio team in financial management, reporting and auditing of project funded by institutional donors
The assignment might include travels to countries where SC Italy is engaged or is planning to be engaged in areas related to Project Development.
General Qualifications and Experience
· Degree in Business Administration or equivalent and relevant working experience in the considered sectors will be taken into consideration
· At least five years of proven working experience relevant to the selected area (i.e grant management, budgeting, reporting auditing)
· Highly computer literate and confident with Outlook, Word, and Powerpoint, Excel and the Internet; and an interest in appropriate use of current information and communications technologies
· Candidates need a working knowledge (proficient) level of written and spoken Italian and English language. French and/or Spanish and/or Portuguese languages will be considered an asset
Experience and Qualification
· Very good knowledge of compliance requirements of major institutional donors (e.g. Italian MoFA, EC, ECHO, UN agencies)
· Excellent oral and written skills
· Strong methodical and strategic thinking
· Ability to research, analyse and present (both in written and in oral form) complex information
· Excellent organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
· Ability to work against tight deadlines and under pressure
· Significant experience working in developing countries will be considered an asset
· Previous work experience with Save the Children will be considered an asset
· Availability to travel
Experts are invited to submit their CVs and a letter of interest (not longer than 2 pages), in which candidates explain how their expertise is relevant to the position requirements.
Successful candidates will be contacted, and will be requested to participate to a written test. Only the ones who successfully will pass the test, will be invited to a final round of interviews.
Successful candidates will be included in Save the Children’s Roster of Experts for a period of two years. After the selection process is finalized, the selected consultants will undergo a training in SC Italy composition, main procedures and organization. Inclusion in the expert roster does not guarantee a contract with Save the Children.
When a request for services arises, Save the Children will:
· Issue Terms of Reference (ToR) defining, duration, fees and per diem, supervision, work modalities and outcomes of the consultancy;
· Select an expert from the roster based on the match of a consultant’s criteria and specific requirements for the assignment (as per ToR);
· Issue an Individual Contract to the expert detailing the time frame, the frequency/modality of payment, outcomes and supervision.
Conditions of a particular assignment may be negotiable.