Regional Head of Support Services (North Africa)
Overall purpose of the role
The Regional Head of Support Services (RHOSS) is a member of the Regional Senior Management team who assumes overall responsibility for strategic development and capacity of support functions (Finance, HR, Supply Chain, Administration, IT, as well as Grants, Risk and Compliance) in the region in line with global initiatives and in close coordination with the Regional Director. The RHOSS ensures guidance, support and capacity building related to the support functions in the region; and oversees the implementation of policy and procedures to meet donor and organizational. In addition, the RHOSS ensures risks are managed in order to meet programming needs and to ensure effective support to country operations.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Strategy leadership and policy alignment
- Engage in and support the annual planning and review processes to identify both short term and long term resource needs and translate these into objectives and priorities for changing and emerging DRC context in the region.
- Contribute to the development of the Regional Strategic Programme Document, Country Plans and Results Contracts in accordance with the DRC Global Policies and guidelines that will ensure that regional and country staff adhere to plans and monitor results against expected outcomes and indicators.
- Actively engage and lead the transition of DRC NARO to the new ERP system.
- Liaise with relevant units in DRC HQ and COs for coordination, roll-out of global policies and guidelines and HQ support when needed, and ensure the rollout of new support systems, tools and policies is successful.
- Coordinate financial planning support to support Regional Director, including budget monitoring & financial spending strategies
- Provide the regional director with monthly/quarterly Regional Financial indicators and reports
- Support Regional Finance manager in transition to Dynamics master budget processes for Region and all COs.
Grants, Supply Chain, Administration and IT
- Ensure transparent, timely and quality delivery of supply chain, HR, IT, SC and grant services at all levels of organisation hierarchy.
- Ensure regular and high quality IT support to all users in NARO office and identify appropriate solutions and recommendations
- Ensure that all necessary agreements, permits and licenses necessary for DRC operations are in place/updated on national administrative rules and regulations pertaining to the activities of DRC across the region.
Compliance and risk Management
- Engage with country programmes to ensure that the financial management, supply chain, grants, IT and HR and administration management fulfils the highest standards of accountability in accordance with DRC’s support function guidelines.
- Focal point for follow up on the recommendations from internal audits, external audits, donor audits and other compliance reports. If necessary, the RHOSS will provide additional guidance, support and/or training to the country offices.
- Develop a risk management plan for the country that identifies the major financial and operational risks and implement a mitigation strategy.
- Lead and manage the Regional HR and Admin Manager, Regional Supply Chain Manager, Regional IT Manager, and the Regional Finance Manager (including people planning, performance, well-being and development)
- Participate in recruitment of HOSS in COs and contribute to their performance appraisals
- Lead the development of key planning, training and adequate resource mobilization for DRC Dynamics roll-out in the NARO region.
The RHOSS will report to the Regional Director.
To be successful in this role, we expect the following:
Experience and technical competencies:
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting.
- Professional qualification such as ACCA, CPA or CPS is desired.
- 7 years of senior management experience in INGO or other international agencies in finance, support services and/or operations management in international humanitarian set up, including demonstrated ability to set up operational management systems in large or new programmes.
- At least 5 years' experience with people management and proven leadership skills.
- Experience in a similar role in an INGO.
- Proven operational management experience and capability, including in conflict areas.
Experience working with ERP systems, including supply chain, finance and HR systems.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Proficiency in French and/or Arabic is beneficial.
Contract: Expatriate Contract 2 years
Employment band: M.E
Duty Station: accompanied position, family duty station.
Availability: 01 November 2019
Salary and other conditions are offered in accordance with DRC’s Terms of Employment for expatriate.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English here. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 25 October 2019
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.