Overview of position
The Gathering and Departure Facility (GDF) is located in Tarik Essika, Tripoli and is the first center of its kind in Libya. It is intended to bring vulnerable refugees to a safe environment while long-term solutions are sought after.
The services are provided by the LibAid, with the financial support received from the UNHCR.
Currently, there are over 1,000 including over 450 children living in the GDF; however, this number is constantly changing given the transit nature of the facility.
UNICEF is one of the partners implementing child protection (raising awareness, psychosocial support, specialized services) education (sports, art, theater, English and computer classes) and nutrition (nutrition, maternal and Child Health counselling) programmes in the GDF. The programme duration is estimated to be six months and if evaluated positively, might be extended.
The incumbent of the position will be based in the GDF in line with the programme agenda developed by GDF coordinator and approved by UNICEF. The incumbent will have to attend meetings organized by the LibAid and UNHCR in the GDF and by UNICEF.
- Conduct computer classes 5 days a week from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm as indicated in the schedule
- Prepare all the required technical material and syllabus needed to implement the classes
- Comply with the regulations and policies that are reinforced in the GDF by the Libyan authorities, LibAid and UNHCR.
Attend all the meetings/ orientation/information sessions organized by the GDF manager/his/her deputy
- University degree in IT field
- Fluent in English and Arabic languages
- Essential computer skills
- 5 years teaching experience
Knowledge of an additional foreign language will be an advantage.