Early Intervention (EI) Technical Officer - Speech Therapist (for Nationals only)
Early Intervention (EI) Technical Officer – Speech Therapist (Nationals only)
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI - Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the overall coordination by the Project Manager (PM) supervision, accompany Early detection (ED) and Intervention (EI) service providers in strengthening early Detection and early Intervention practices for children for the benefit of Syrian refugees, most vulnerable Jordanians and other nationalities.
Potentially Irbid, Amman and Zarqa for 75% of the time / Amman for the remaining time.
Responsibility 1: Capacity building of early detection and intervention service providers and health staff to improve service delivery mechanisms
Aim: Ensure capacity building plan are established and run on a timely manner
Benchmarks: Capacity assessment implemented and report produced, capacity building plan produced for each service, information and training packages for health staff produced and rolled out in due time, implementation monitored, ability to identify and develop capacity building framework with national technical resources
- In close collaboration with the PM, develop capacity assessment tools to provide quality ED/EI services,
- Train local service providers in using the self assessment tools and accompany their implementation and the analysis of the data collected,
- Support local service providers to define adapted capacity building plan and monitor implementation including analysis of professional practices improvement,
- Identify technical resources required for the implementation of the plan and support their mobilization and contractualization in close coordination with the PM,
- Develop training plan , training materials and deliver training in the areas of expertise and organize all capacity bulding sessions planned under the project,
- Provide guidance to partners teams in the identification of Children with Disabilities needs for assistive devices and home adaptations.
- Assess the level of understanding of ED/EI among health staff and CBR team, develop and enforce information and training package to support referrals,
- Set up coaching and mentoring mechanism and accompany its enforcement
- Organise regular complex cases meetings and evidence based practices meetings with the service providers
- Develop family information/education tool and support local service providers in developing and enforcing care givers EI trainings
- Produce training and coaching reports and coordinate feedbacks with the service providers for srenghtening continuous staff development
- Follow-up and monitor the activities /services provided by the service providers in line with the identified services criteria.
Responsibility 2: Capacity building of community based rehabilitation (CBR) team members to improve services delivery mechanisms
Aim: Ensure capacity building plan are established and run on a timely manner for community based rehabilitation team members
- In collaboration with the community development centers contribute to recruitment process of the project’s team members with the support of PM.
- Assess the training needs for the team members and build the training plan to provide the needed technical support.
- Develop the training content and train the team members to build their capacity in working and delivering the needed services for families.
- Provide the technical support for the CBR team members through doing a regular field supervision visits.
- Develop and adjust existing technical documents used across the patient flow,
- Train service providers on quaity criteria and impact assessment tool, monitor data collection and management and support data analysis,
- Support the development of tools and methodologies and the definition of manuals for their use by the service providers,
- Contribute to the definition and monitor of effective referral process between health center, CBR teams and ED/EI service providers,
- Contribute to the defination and application of pilot financial regulatory mechanism
- Monitor the use of tools and methodologies and support involved stakeholders for their implementation
Responsibility 3: Monitoring, lessons learning and reporting
Aim: Contribute to project monitoring, lessons learning and reporting, in collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability Learning department
Benchmarks: contribution to planning and reporting delivered in due time, number of case studies/success stories produced, active contribution during lessons learning and PQR, information delivery in due time and quality of the analysis
- Organize regular lessons learnt analysis with service providers for adjusting the tools & methodologies
- Contribute to the identification of good practices under the project
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools for documenting indicators, collect data in relation with core tasks and measure the progress made.
- Follow up the number and characteristcs of the project beneficiaries,
- Develop case studies and success stories to illustrate changes induced by the project and for communication use
- Contribute to planning and produce activity reports
- Contribute to the production of the donor report,
- Contribute to the preparation and implementation of project quarterly review
Participate to the organization of technical reviews and technical missions
Participate to professional network at national level in the field of expertise of the project
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE will have:
· Skills in developing training and providing coaching for capacity building
· Ability to develop information material
· Analytical skills
· Ability to work with partners, civil society organizations or public authorities
· Skills in users centered approach and center based rehabilitation
· Knowledge of referrals mechanisms
· Ability to respect deadline and work under pressure
· Very positive personality, with strong orientation towards solutions
· Adaptability, flexibility
· Autonomy in work
· Excellent communication skills Proactive, solution maker, strongly positive, constructive and dynamic personality
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Advanced degree in speech therapy
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in speech and working in disability/ rehabilitation field, early intervention programs with children, emergency or/ and development context.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in clinical practice
· Minimum 3 years of experience in coaching/mentoring
HI workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in HI Code of conduct. In accordance with these values, HI operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
Initial contract will be for a period of eleven months renewable .
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Basic salary range for the position **: From 1073 JOD to 1510 JOD based on experience**
Closing date: 19/10/2019**
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. kindly send your application to H.Al-Saidi@hi.org naming the vacany you are applying for. Applications should include CV and motivation letter. Applications incomplete or received after the deadline will be disregarded.