Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Duration: December 2022
Location: Erbil, Iraq
terre des hommes Germany is an international children's rights organization that promotes equitable development without racial, religious, political, cultural or gender-based discrimination since 1967. Together with our partner organisations in 31 countries, we implement over 400 projects in Latin America, Africa, Asia and Europe.
In August 2014 terre des hommes Germany started working in Iraq in the context of internal displacement. The programme focuses on mental health and psychosocial support, child protection and education.
For the implementation of the project "EduCare - Development of local gender education and therapeutic educational structures for the integration and reintegration of displaced children and adolescents in Iraq" in the Kurdish region, Mosul, Kirkuk, Ramadi and Falluja, we are looking for an employee for our office in Erbil.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Coordination and further development of the programme in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and Central Iraq
- Monitoring, evaluation and steering of the implementation in close cooperation with the partner organisations and relevant local actors as well as the terre des hommes head office
- Preparation of consolidated financial and narrative reports and country situation updates
- Advising the local partner organisations in the area of organisational development
- Fundraising incl. the independent preparation of project outlines and proposals in cooperation with local partners
- Representation of terre des hommes Germany in national and regional meetings with other NGOs/INGOs, UN, partners and municipalities
- Networking with relevant local, regional and international actors
- Planning, implementation and monitoring of training workshops, exchange events, evaluations and visits by consultants Security monitoring and management
- University degree in a relevant field or comparable education
- Several years of experience in project cycle management in cooperation with local partner organisations in the field of development cooperation or humanitarian assistance
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is an asset: mental health and psychosocial support in a humanitarian context, child protection, non-violent conflict prevention
- Good knowledge of the country/region
- Experience in safety management
- Very good intercultural communication skills and social competence vis-à-vis various interest groups
- Very good experience in project monitoring and project management, including financial monitoring
- Knowledge of concept note and proposal development together with local partners
- Excellent proficiency in English, language skills in German, Arabic and Kurdish desirable
- Good IT skills
- Ability to work in a team, high flexibility and resilience and willingness to travel within Iraq
We actively implement our international child protection policy in our everyday work. Therefore, we expect the willingness to work according to the child protection guidelines of terre des hommes.
Procedure: Please send your application (cover letter & CV) to Mrs Lore Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org), stating your salary expectations. In case of further questions please also contact the above mentioned.