Head of Mission
Location: New Delhi, India
Contract Type: 12 months Fixed-Term
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £32,563 per annum
Closing Date: 20th October 2019
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is currently recruiting for the position of a Head of Mission for – India, who will be responsible for over-all country office management, outlining strategy, supervision, programme development, representation and overseeing all aspects of IRW’s presence in the country. Central to the position will be the establishment and development of relations with key players, including donors, international and local NGOs, UN agencies, government offices, local partners and other stakeholders
The successful candidate must have or be:
- A degree in international development or relevant field with considerable experience at senior management level including human resources, operational management, programme planning and budgeting, risk analysis & management, and financial management
- Previous experience working in senior management position I NGO’s in developing countries including that of CD/HOM/CR
- knowledge and experience of wide range of development programmes and humanitarian assistance, fundraising from and dealing with institutional donors such as EC, ECHO, UN, USAID, Sida and DFID etc
- Possess strong networking and advocacy skills by demonstrating previous engagements with institutions and government departments
- substantial experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management is required
- Excellent communication skills in English is essential whilst knowledge of a local language would be an advantage
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- receipt of satisfactory references
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who agree with the IR values together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Islamic Relief operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s values and mission, please apply on our website http://www.islamic-relief.org/work-with-us by the closing date.