Procurement Officer - AZAZ
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in North West Aleppo both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
To support the effective operation of the GOAL Syria Procurement Department by conducting timely and efficient procurement for GOAL Syria programme activities, in accordance with GOAL Logistics policies and procedures and relevant donor requirements and in the spirit of obtaining best Value for Money (VFM).
Duties, Objectives & Competencies:
- Ensure that all procurement procedures in the Northern Aleppo/A’zaz office are effectively followed in compliance with the GOAL Logistics Manual and relevant donor requirements;
- Prepare electronic and hardcopy procurement files for each PR (Purchase Request Form) and ensure that all relevant paperwork is filed, original and scanned copies, as per GOAL Logistics Manual and internal audit requirements;
- Process the assigned PR’s according to the GOAL Logistics Manual/Procurement Chart procedures;
- Analyse the specification of the supplies, works or services required and source potential, reliable suppliers who can meet this specifications;
- Prepare Enquiry Forms(EF)/Request for Offers(RFO) to obtain quotations/bids as per required process (single/negotiated/sealed/tender);
- Ensure that all suppliers have Anti-Terrorist Checks (ATC) completed, according to the procurement process
- Complete Bid Analyses (BA) for review by the DFLM, FLM, Procurement Manager or Procurement Coordinator, and arrange the necessary signatures for approval from budget-holders and finance department;
- Raise Purchase Orders to place the order with the chosen supplier and follow up the status of the goods, to delivery to the required location, as per the PR;
- Ensure that all chosen suppliers are registered on the GOAL Syria Vendor Roster, and update where necessary;
- Ensure that Goods In Dockets(GID) are prepared for all deliveries and attached to the procurement file;
- Complete all financial paperwork, obtain the necessary signatures for approval and ensure payment to the supplier is affected;
- Track the status of all PRs in an Order Tracking System (OTS); and
- Regularly conduct critical analysis of all assigned GOAL suppliers based on criteria of reliability, quality and prices of goods offered, terms & conditions, after sales services offered, and warranty guaranteed.
- Contribute procurement updates to the Weekly Logistics Report;
- Assist with translations for Procurement Department when required; and
- General work in assisting in the overall process and day-to-day duties of the Procurement Department.
- Tertiary diploma in relevant area (procurement, logistics, or administration) and/or equivalent years practical work experience in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as procurement, logistics, office/business administration in private or government sectors;
- Ability to understand and implement organisational and donor policies;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook (particular emphasis on Excel);
- Ability to manage and prioritise a varied workload in a dynamic work environment;
- A flexible approach to work and willingness to take on extra duties, work additional hours or on weekends as required;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Trustworthy and honest; and
- Ability to write, speak and work in English and Arabic .
- Previous work experience with an International Humanitarian NGO;
- Basic technical knowledge in an area of Humanitarian Logistics; (e.g. ICT, mechanics, construction, transport, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), or other); and
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Application deadline is 21 October 2019.
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.