Education Specialists (Arabic and English)
· Supports schools and assists teachers directly through team/model, co-teaching (plan, teach, and evaluate a lesson with the teacher seeking assistance), and class room observation. Provides, explains, and demonstrates instructional resources and materials, and monitors the implementation of up-to-date equitable inclusive quality teaching methods and techniques at all schools he/she supports;
· Supports schools and teachers in continuing professional development and school-based teacher development programs, and advises on developing and implementing comprehensive, professional development plans that are aligned with teachers’ competencies, applying a coherent model of support, adult learning strategies and appropriate models of technical support and research based practices;
· Assists and advises the Head Teachers/School Principals in setting , implementing and evaluating their School Development Plan, and coordinates continuing professional development needs for all schools he/she supports to enhance school ethos and ensures that the needs of the schools are met;
· Provides support in curriculum analysis and enrichment to meet the new curricular challenges and innovations and the different aspects of inclusive education and advises on identifying appropriate teaching and learning tools, materials and resources to ensure that the needs of all students, teachers and schools are met;
· Works as a team member and assists on quality assurance implementation to enhance inclusive educational services against set standards and performance indicators for improving quality of schools;
· Supports teachers and schools in assessing and analyzing students’ achievement by identifying different strategies for all learners in order to improve the quality of teaching and learning;
· Participates in preparing for interviewing and selection of candidate for teaching posts to ensure criteria applied, and the most qualified and capable teachers are hired; assists Head Teachers/School Principals in the performance management of teachers in relation to technical aspects;
· Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
To start the application process, applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing UNRWA Personal History Form. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received for UNRWA vacancies, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted. Please ensure that the e-mail address that you will indicate in your Personal History Profile is accurate, candidates shortlisted for test or/and interview will only be contacted by e-mail. No follow up phone calls will be made.