Director of Business Development
The Director of Business Development leads the development and execution of the new business development strategy for ABA ROLI and supports long-term and annual business development plans at ABA ROLI. The incumbent is responsible for managing new business initiatives and the introduction and implementation of new business routines to support new business targeting, strengthen capture preparations, optimize proposal development process as well as build and deepen ABA ROLI partnerships across a spectrum of funders.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Play a leading role in development and implementation of ABA ROLI’s annual/multi-annual business development strategy; cultivate relationships, build pipeline, and articulate ROLI capabilities to donors.
• In close collaboration with Regional Teams, identify new business opportunities and disseminate to the Senior staff members and Regional offices on a timely basis. Participate in the “green lighting” process for proposal development, support the proposal development and oversee the development and execution of bid-specific capture plans.
• Develop preliminary strategies for ROLI strategic and/or other bids, as needed, based on donor goals and objectives, including but not limited to determining initial pricing, identifying internal and external resources needed, conducting competitor analysis and leading teaming strategies.
• Help develop, negotiate, form, and manage partnership and teaming agreements in support of ROLI’s proposals and other business development strategy. Identify business, technology, and innovations required to support ROLI’s business development objectives.
• Lead or support capture efforts, as appropriate before and after bid issuance; Work with Regional and Operational Offices to gather and disseminate market intelligence. Vet the preparation of capture teams; deploy and supervise the progress of capture teams, as needed.
• Travel to meet donors and participate in regional/industry events; Help maintain and strengthen relationships with current and potential donors. Help maintain ROLI visibility in the Rule of Law area.
• In cooperation with Regional Offices develop clear and effective proposal outlines, as needed; communicate expectations with technical writers for ensuring that the outline objectives are met.
• Take a leading role in managing and writing priority proposals, monitor the progress of bid preparations, and play a central role in key proposal reviews.
• Actively champion a culture of continuous learning and business process improvement. Develop and coordinate training in business development, proposal development and understanding of key funding trends and issues across the organization.
Required Education, Qualifications, Experience
• Master’s degree in international development, international relations, or a related area;
• A minimum of 5 years experience in business development in increasingly senior roles related to business development, and minimum of 10 years of experience in international development program management or new business development or a mix of both
• Significant prior experience in strategy development, proposal design and development, capture management and partnership building.
• Demonstrated experience in securing funding from US federal agencies, foundations and corporations.
• Strong understanding of the variety of funding vehicles, e.g. contracts, grants, cooperative agreements and submission requirements.
Preferred Education, Qualifications, Experience
• Knowledge of UK government procurement processes.
• Successful experience leading or authoring rule of law proposals.
• Previous Field (overseas) experience in an international development setting.
• Experience in presenting before technical audiences.
interested candidates must submit their resumes through here: https://usr56.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/aba/Posting/View/693