World Vision International - Jordan:
Join and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide.
World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Position: Gender Officer
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Gender Officer will be responsible for gender mainstreaming and provide technical support to WV and WFP healthy kitchen project. S/he will work with all departments and field staff to ensure that gender equity principles are incorporated into all policies and activities. S/he will plan, implement and follow up on gender-related activities and provide support to counterpart staff. Will work on mainstreaming gender in WFP project, and its activities, including design and implementation of trainings in gender-related topics. S/he will provide technical assistance to field staff and kitchen workers on gender and related topics and to ensure integration of gender in the day-to-day activities.
- Gender Mainstreaming – Technical Support to the Project
· Support the project team to ensure integration of Gender in the program in line with the Gender Minimum Standards, including technical and administrative work.
· Mainstream gender into needs assessment frameworks, including adaptation of tools, collection, analysis and reporting processes to ensure that different beneficiary needs are identified and met.
· Provide technical assistance to the WFP Healthy Kitchen team and Kitchen workers on gender concerns, taking into account the needs of men, women, girls and boys. This includes practical gender related activities for addressing violence and other priority concerns during the project implementation.
· Support capacity building for staff, stakeholders, community groups, workers and concern stakeholders on how to practically integrate gender in during implementation.
· In closed coordination with Donor’s Gender focal point, build a system for field level staff and beneficiaries to ensure the gender out-come are achieved.
· Assist the Project Manager in the designing and implementation of gender related aspect of the project.
- Gender Training and Staff Capacity Development:
· Lead training and workshops for staff, kitchen workers, relevant stakeholders and key actors on gender-related topics.
· Manage and maintain relationships with community leaders, any women’s rights platforms available in the camp, local NGOs and other community-based organizations affiliated with Healthy Kitchen Project in both camps.
· Develop staff capacities to integrate GBV into their work, employing diverse learning methods considering the nature of the project and donor requirements.
· Facilitate systematic gender analyses, so that the Project staff identify strategic and practical responses to advancing gender equality in Healthy Kitchen operations.
· Actively participate in, and contribute to, the work of the UN inter-agency gender group or any other working group specific to gender in the country.
· Facilitate and support the integration of gender equality and women empowerment approaches in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Country Office programs, projects and related initiatives.
3. Reporting, Coordination and Communication:
· Support, advise and strengthen coordination mechanisms for gender mainstreaming in WVI Programs specially for Healthy Kitchen operations.
· Support WV Response Office in producing regular updates and briefing materials to promote implementation of national, regional and international commitments to GBV.
· Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives for both WFP’s WVI and link it to the project objectives.
· Work closely with the field team to identify and capture the success stories related to gender and share with Project management and donor.
· Regular coordination with WFP gender focal point to ensure that all the gender related out-come are achieved and documented.
· Any other task assigned by the manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Basic knowledge of food security and gender situation in the country.
· Knowledge of the UN and WV system, including gender-related mandates.
· Experience working in a United Nations agency, and preferably with WFP.
· At least 1 years of relevant work experience in gender or related field with at least 3 years of field experience.