Project Assistant (Information) - G5
Position Title: VN2019/007 SV Project Assistant (Information) - G5
Duty Statio: El Salvador
Type of Contract: OYFT G5
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and RSC Manager and the direct supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent will be based in San Salvador and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Track all cases granted Parolee status.
Track all linked Parolee cases to ensure they depart together.
Liaise with USCIS on parolee linked cases and add-ons.
Notify all relevant parties about the DHS decision, medical result, departures, other important information.
Contact beneficiary/anchor to arrange travel as well as documentation needed.
Develop tracking mechanisms for various cases and case scenarios in Excel/Mimosa/etc.
Use dedicated e-mail address to communicate with beneficiaries as needed. Provide correct information and counselling to applicants related to their parole status.
Provide management with statistics regularly and as required.
Create SOPs and/or provide timely input to the supervisor for updating the SOPs.
Ensure security, order, and confidentiality of all interactions and transaction according to IOM Guidelines and PRM Program Announcement 2005-11 Revised Guidance on Confidentiality of State Department Refugee Records as well as relevant subsequent updates.
Remain professional, impartial, and unbiased during all interactions with applicants.
Any other tasks assigned
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Delivers on set objectives in hardship situation
Education and Experience
- University degree in Political Science, International Relations, Social Science or other related field.
Excellent command of English; able to write e-mails and reports coherently in a timely manner
Attention to detail and ability to organize
Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Software package
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
English : Excellent
Interested candidates should submit updated CV maximum 2-page limit plus application letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org by October 14th 2019. Please include the name of the position you are applying to in the subject of the email. This is only for salvadoran citizens.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.