Director, HR Capacity and Partners
Overview: Oversee the collaborative development, delivery, and measurement of human capacity strategies and activities at the project, national, and regional levels to advance employee performance. Direct and facilitate delivery of regional, national, and local HR capacity and infrastructure for efficient and effective services at multiple levels and implementation and adaptation of HR global initiatives and practices. Serve as advisor and counsel.
Develop and oversee collaborative identification and implementation of annual and multi-year human capacity and employment strategies such as workforce planning, HR capacity development, and effective policies and standards at the project, national, and regional levels to ensure the right talent at the right time and place. Devise and implement metrics.
Act as a strategic partner providing advice and counsel to a broad range of stakeholders to maximize staffing resources and performance, ensure economy and efficiency of work processes, and contain institutional risk.
Oversee and direct HR Partner capacity and support right-sized infrastructure at the project, national, or regional level. Implement collaborative actions to facilitate evaluation, development and delivery of effective HR Capacity and infrastructure at multiple levels. Build knowledge, expertise, and capacity leveraging internal and external resources.
Facilitate delivery and implementation of Winrock global HR systems, policies, procedures, and practices, and initiatives. Ensure effective adaptation at all levels including project design and proposal development stages and compliance with the spirit and intent of labor regulations and donor requirements. Delineate and communicate HR responsibilities, expectations, and decision-making authority at all levels. Measure and evaluate.
Develop and facilitate delivery of human capital and HR processes data to inform workforce planning, decision-making, and employee engagement to contribute to a high-performing workforce. Ensure regular and routine reporting at multiple levels.
Act as the critical HR point person for institutional diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. Oversee AAP and similar requirements to ensure Winrock’s compliance and related success.
Serve as an innovator, strategic contributor, problem-solver, and advisor for HR Capacity, the HR team, and the organization. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of progressive HR experience with a minimum of 3 years in a team or project leader or manager role or equivalent education and experience.
- Demonstrated success as an HR generalist supporting employee groups of 500+ employees in multiple locations in a global environment required.
- Demonstrated success in supporting senior leaders and managers and building relationships.
- Broad knowledge and experience in employee relations, employee engagement, employment law, compensation, organizational development, and training and development.
- Strong collaborator with effective interpersonal and analytical skills who can work seamlessly across countries, cultures, and organizational units required
- Demonstrated ability to work, manage, and meet competing deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment and on deadline; aptitude for problem solving and decision making needed
- Superb written and verbal communication skills required. Capable of managing conflict and conflicting views.
- English fluency required. Proficiency in French preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed. Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer.