Human Resources - Global HR Business Partner Lead: HR Operations
As a key member of the Global HR & Admin Team, the Global Human Resources Business Partner Lead , HR Operations is responsible for providing high standards of HR advisory services globally with specific oversight for the DC and Brussels’ offices in the areas of Compensation & Benefits; Policies & Procedures; Employee Relations, and Code of Conduct. S/he leads the development and implementation of Global HR Compensation & Benefits programs in alignment with Search’s HR Strategic priorities. S/he ensures that HR management and operations of DC and Brussels’ offices promote an employee-oriented culture that emphasizes respect, continuous improvement, employee retention and well-being. This role partners with the Global HR Leadership Team and leaders across Search to develop and execute programs that build and sustain a culture that supports our organizational mission and strategy.
Roles and responsibilities include:
Key Area 1: HR Strategic Business Partner (HQ and Brussels)
- Serve as a strategic partner and trusted advisor to department leaders in DC HQ and Brussels HQ offices; consult with leaders to develop and guide the execution of HR programs, processes, communications, and strategic initiatives.
- Provide input and recommendations to Global HR Planning and Strategy Development and implementation.
- Champion various Organizational Development Change initiatives as assigned.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to identify and respond to current and future people related requirements.
Key Area 2: HR Operations
- Oversee DC and Brussels HR operations and management including compensation and benefits, policies, performance improvement, employee relations, and Code of Conduct.
- Organize and manage the HR function in DC HQ and Brussels HQ to deliver HR services and support to departments.
- Analyze employee trends and human resource metrics (i.e. turnover, employee relations issues, staffing challenges, etc.) and recommend appropriate solutions.
Key Area 3: Compensation & Benefits
- Lead the development of Search’s Global Compensation & Benefits framework, and manage the implementation and planning process.
- Manage the Annual Merit Increase process for assigned areas.
Key Area 4: Employee Relations
- Serve as a point person for conflict management situations at DC HQ and Brussels HQ, and take appropriate action and provide recommendations to senior leadership.
- Oversee complex employee relations issues, ensuring the duty of care and managing organizational risks.
- Manage the review and investigation of Code of Conduct complaints and track through resolution
- Work in collaboration with Sr. Manager, Policy and Internal Compliance on legal issues and engage with local legal counsel as needed.
- Ensure that all employees are trained and comply with the Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Advise in the progressive discipline process and in the performance improvement process for non-performing employees.
- Review, guide and provide recommendations to Line Managers for employment termination.
- Oversee and manage the complaint and reporting process ensuring confidentiality, efficiency and equity.
- Lead or conduct investigations as necessary.
Key Area 5: Policies and Procedures
- Review and update US Employee Handbook as needed.
- Contribute to and collaborate with the broader HR and Administration team – sharing knowledge and practices to increase HR efficiency and effectiveness to the entire organization.
- Provide guidance and direction to leaders on human resource management policies & procedures, processes, and systems.
- Conduct training on policies & procedures, and Code of Conduct (prevention of harassment) as needed.
- Ensure accuracy of staff data and safeguard the confidentiality of private information regarding employees.
- Lead the development and implementation of designated Global HR projects and policies in partnership with Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs).
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field or an equivalent number of years relevant work experience in lieu of educational requirements
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive work experience in Human Resources Management experience in complex international organization with a high degree of responsibility in the areas of Compensation & Benefits
- Previous experience with organizational psychology and labor market surveys
- Must be fluent in English
- Experience working in a complex Global and/or International organization, International NGO, and/or non-profit
- Experience working with regional and country offices, or multiple geographical locations
- Broad view and sensitive approach to cultural differences
- SHRM PHR or SPHR, SHRM-CP or SCP or CEBS Certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of Human Resources Management, policies, best practices and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of HRIS and HRMS systems, and various compensation frameworks
- Working knowledge of job evaluation and job analysis systems
- Knowledge of current federal and state labor laws, rules and regulations
- Knowledge of total rewards programs, and other types of incentives and benefits
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly skilled in contract and vendor negotiations
- Ability to travel internationally
- Ability to empathize and approach cultural differences with sensitivity
- A working knowledge of French, a plus.
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- current resume
- cover letter