Finance and Administration Manager, USAID/Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Project, Nepal
The anticipated five-year contract is to assist USAID/Nepal in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from rigorous M&E activities in order to support the achievement of their three Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) Development Objectives (DO): (1) More inclusive and effective governance; (2) Inclusive and sustainable economic growth to reduce extreme poverty; and (3) Increased human capital. These outputs from the contract will enable USAID/Nepal to facilitate informed program management, shape the longer-term strategic direction of programs and decision-making within the Mission, and comply with Agency accountability and M&E requirements. The project is anticipated to have three components:
- Support rigor and coherence in M&E efforts (PMP, M&E plans, capacity building of Mission and IPs).
- Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments (PEs, IEs, surveys, etc.).
- Support improved knowledge management.
SI is seeking a full-time Finance and Administration Manager to oversee financial planning and management, logistical, and administrative support to the activity team, and ensuring that administrative, financial, contract, and procurement activities are carried out in a manner consistent with the objectives of the activity, and in compliance with USAID regulations and SI policies and procedures. The Finance and Administration Manager will serve as a core team member on a full-time basis throughout the five-year period of performance.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Nepalese citizens will be eligible to apply.
- Manage and oversee activity finance and administration for the Kathmandu field office.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and deliverables in line with USAID regulations and SI policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement procedures for project financial management, procurement, sub-contracts, and consultant contracts to ensure transparency and good business practices.
- Work with Chief of Party to ensure that financial management and reporting is in compliance with USAID requirements.
- Manage activity start-up and support initial work planning process.
- Establish procedures for financial operations, banking, and reporting.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports.
- Implement other functions relevant to the position, including regular meetings with SI Headquarters Management Team.
- A Master’s level degree in public administration, business, financial management, or another relevant field required.
- At least seven years of financial management and contracts expertise with USAID-funded projects required.
- Knowledge of and experience with Nepalese payroll income tax calculations and health policy calculations for all full-time staff.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Computer literate and possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (intermediate to advanced) and Napelese (Native), with strong writing skills.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.