Logistics Officer (supply chain)
Handicap International that runs its program under the operating name Humanity & Inclusion (HI) seeks for a Logistics Officer for Thailand site. Based office is in Mae Sot.
HI reserves the right to not accept applications submitted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for testing and an interview.
HI is an independent and impartial aid and development organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. For further information about the association: www.hi.org
HI implements 4 projects in Thailand alongside Thai-Burma border:
a) Risk Education in 9 camps
b) Disability and Social Inclusion in 5 camps
c) Rehabilitation project in 5 camps
d) Growing Together project in 7 camps as well.
All projects implemented alongside Thailand-Burmese border are enrooted into the Myanmar & Thailand Regional Program Strategy for the period 2018-2020.
The strategy aims at working alongside refugees’ people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
All projects are managed by designated manager coached by the Operational Manager, Country Manager, Thailand. Thailand mission is supported by the Regional team in Yangon for all issues related to logistic, administration, finance and accountancy as well as Technical issues.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POST
The Logistics Officer (supply chain) is based in Mae Sot and is under the management of Logistics Manager (LM). The Procurement Officer pro-actively supports the program activities by organizing adequate acquisition of goods and services. Her/his responsibilities include the intake and follow up of purchase requisitions, tender/quotation procedures, order processing, collecting quotations and other purchasing activities, invoicing and delivery of goods to requestors. S/he is also the primary responsible for sourcing, specification and standardization. S/he takes care of clear communications about delivery lead times and replies to any other inquiries of requestors.
S/he ensures that HI regulations as well as donors’ requirements are strictly applied throughout the programme and are known by HI team.
The logistics officer could be requested to provide support to others members of the logistics team according to the workload of the department.
JOB DESCRIPTION: LOGISTICS OFFICER
Under direct supervision of the Logistics Manager (LM), the ensures the following tasks;
Responsibility 1: Manage procurement according to HI procurement standard and procedures
Aim: purchase files are compliant with HI policies, procurements are done on-time
Benchmark**: no late procurement, clear communication with project team, PSR monitoring charts is accurate and updated on a daily basis.
• Ensure that procurements respect HI regulations, including HI Adapted Procurement Procedures, and are compliant with donors’ requirements,
• Carry out the procurement process from the reception of the approved purchase request to the delivery of the goods/services,
• Ensure that Purchase and Services Request (PSR) are validated by the concerned staff (see APP – Threshold) before initiating the process,
• Ensure that specifications on PSR are clear and detailed, if not seek for a meeting with requester/budget holder to obtain the necessary information to allow a quick and smooth process,
• Be responsible to purchase and deliver goods and services within prior agreed lead times and ensures that all purchases are properly documented,
• Be in charge to prepare Summary Bid Analysis (SBA) for purchases through quotes and ensure that the best offer is selected and clearly justified,
• Prepares Supplier Purchase Order (SPOs) and service contracts when needed;
• Ensures that purchased items and services meet the stated quality and quantity requirements and ensures delivery to the identified location,
• Ensure that the requester receive the items, against signature of the internal delivery note,
• Receives/collects invoices, arranges cash/cheques with the Finance Department and makes payments when required,
• Settles all payments and/or cash advances on a daily basis.
Responsibility 2 – Ensure a good stock management and a proper delivery to the requester
Aim: items are safely stored and efficiently tracked
Benchmark**: market assessment is done on a regular basis, framework agreements are up-to-date, filled and well monitored
• Be responsible of incoming, current and outgoing stock,
• Be responsible to examine the goods to ensure no loss or damage was experienced during the transportation,
· Ensure an efficient tracking of the amount of stock in storage and be responsible to release any stock required Qualifications required: Thai citizen,**
Education: Thailand national with university degree in logistics management, business administration or other relevant field.
Experiences: At least 3 years working experience a similar position. At least 1-year experience in an international NGO.
Technical Skills & Cross Cutting Skills:
· Good level on Excel
· Strong negotiating skills
· Strong communication skills in Thai and English
· Positive attitude towards stress
· Strong interpersonal skills and strong team spirit
· Ability to work effectively in a team from various culture and professional backgrounds
Language skills: Very good Thai, English is an advantage (written and spoken).
Behavioral Skills: Active listening, sense of negotiation, self-initiative, adaptation skills, ability to create team spirit and to support team building, autonomy in work and experience in accompanying a team and finding practical solutions.
Local work contract, fixed duration contract (potential to be extended)
Remuneration: Starting from 24,645Baht depending on the experience of the candidate.
Attractive package with possibility of transportation, accommodation allowance.
We offer also: nice working environment such as 15 days of annual leave, 5 working days office closure in December, 15 days of public holidays, 5 days special leave for family event, Social Security & Worker Compensation Fund, Group life & health, phone card credit, bonus, seniority of 2% after the 1st year of employment and training possibilities.
Start preferably: 1st November 2019
How to apply: In the subject line of the email please write “Logistics Officer”
IMPORTANT: In the content of the CV please outline responsibilities and tasks from previous & current work, volunteer experiences and training received.