Digital Safety ToT Expert- Consultant
IREX is planning and, contingent upon funding, will implement a training-of-trainers (ToT) expansion of an existing media project in South Asia. The Digital Safety ToT Expert will be responsible for capacity-building and the design, preparation and delivery of holistic safety ToT workshops.
The position is open to all qualified applicants. IREX will prioritize candidates from the South Asia region (e.g. Thailand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia). This position is part time with an expected approximate 50 working days/year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with the Center Manager, M&E staff and other Trainers prepare tailored Training of Trainers (ToT) trainings for media practitioners and human rights defenders in South Asia;
- Design, develop, review and contextualize lessons and training material in digital safety and risk management to suit program participants and ensure integrated approach in training materials;
- Build capacity and mentor the ToT recipient organizations after the ToT as they develop and conduct their trainings;
- Mentor and lead partners in conducting risk assessments from a digital and holistic safety perspective and developing risk management plans;
- Under direction of Center Manager, and in coordination with trainers, provide input to and develop digital and holistic standard operating procedures for programmatic operations;
- Provide risk assessment and mitigation planning to at-risk individuals and organizations on an as-needed basis, and in coordination with the Center Manager;
- Support program Monitoring & Evaluation by reporting on activities as required by Center Manager and in coordination with the M&E staff and other trainers;
- Monitor and report changes and trends in the digital environment in the region;
- Participate in meetings and/or calls with staff; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Manager and Program Director.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Please upload a file that includes a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range (daily rate in $ USD) requirements. Finalists will be asked to provide references.
- Bachelors in relevant field required.
Three years of demonstrated experience in successfully conducting trainings AND ToTs; preferably experience training individuals on risk management or safety;
- Strong knowledge of digital safety tools and training strategies;
- Past experience of delivering digital safety ToTs would be a plus;
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning techniques; knowledge and use of interactive methods in training;
- Experience in designing training and developing and tailoring curricula, training content and methodology;
- Experience developing risk assessments, management, and mitigation plans for organizations preferred, with a focus on digital safety;
- Strong knowledge of the South Asia operating environment, especially as it relates to the media and civil society landscape;
- Experience in training in coordination with other trainers and coordinating content and methodology; must be open to learning and adapting training material for a holistic approach as well as piloting new adult learning techniques as needed;
- IREX will prioritize digital safety experts from the South Asia region with experience of working in South Asia, especially around digital literacy and safety issues.
- Excellent communicator and mentor in face-to-face meetings as well as in remote/online settings;
- Ability to communicate and train across different cultures;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English;
- Dedicated trainer, role model and mentor with attention to detail, and with a strong commitment to share her/his knowledge with future colleagues;
- Valid passport and travel permission, for potential international travel; and
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and adapt to new program activity requirements and helping others to stay on track.
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to the following link: