Reporting, M&E and Training Coordinator - Consultant
IREX is planning and, contingent upon funding, will implement a training-of-trainers expansion of an existing media project in South Asia. The Reporting, M&E and Training Coordinator will plan and coordinate workshop logistics and activities and ensure preparation, delivery and reporting of holistic safety ToTs.
The position is open to all qualified applicants. IREX will prioritize candidates from the South Asia region (e.g. Thailand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Indonesia). The position is part time with an expected approx. 50 working days/year.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with the Center Manager ensure that the project is implemented according to project plan through monitoring the outcomes of the ToTs and other activities;
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation of trainings and ToTs to address any deficiencies and ensure quality in implementation;
- Create and implement exercises to test learning objectives, issue pre/post-tests to participants, and record and organize resulting information;
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and evaluation of ToTs and mentorship activities to assess project outcomes, including documenting observations and participant and trainer feedback;
- Based on findings and evidence, support program staff in developing strategies for program improvement;
- Mentor and build capacity of partner organizations in developing efficient and impact-oriented M&E and reporting processes and practices;
- Coordinate follow-ups with ToT recipients to ensure participants receive appropriate mentorship support as they train others;
- Under the supervision of Center Manager, lead the process of tailoring training material for new trainings and curriculum development as needed;
- Input and analyze participant survey responses into M&E database;
- Develop and tailor M&E tools as needed;
- Train and mentor individuals and organizations on developing M&E tools;
- Draft training, activity and periodic reports, analyzing results and trends within data for internal and external reporting purposes;
- Provide data when required for the program’s Monitoring & Evaluation plan and any other monthly or quarterly reporting;
- Assist Center Manager as directed, and work in collaboration with Finance focal point to arrange on-site logistics including organizing accommodations, transportation, meetings and other necessary activities for training participants;
- Assist with the process of partner and beneficiary group identification through the use of regional networks;
- Other duties as assigned by the Center Manager and Program Director.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Please upload a file that includes a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range (daily rate in $ USD) requirements. Finalists will be asked to provide references.
- Bachelors in relevant field required.
- Three years of demonstrated experience in leading project Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning efforts or strong background in data collection, analysis, and reporting preferred;
- Experience conducting M&E for training and education projects is highly preferred;
- Former training experience or demonstrated understanding of adult learning techniques is highly preferred;
- Experience in using data management systems;
- Analytical capability and experience of report-writing and presenting key findings and recommendations in a clear and comprehensive manner;
- Experience in designing, establishing and tailoring M&E tools and processes;
- Experience in training and mentoring people from different backgrounds in M&E is highly preferred;
- Strong knowledge of the South Asia operating environment, especially as it relates to the media and civil society landscape;
- IREX will prioritize candidates from the South Asia region with a previous experience of coordinating training and conducting M&E and reporting in the region;
- Ability to consistently provide high quality work through maintaining accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners;
- Excellent communicator and mentor in face-to-face meetings as well as in remote/online settings;
- Ability to communicate and train across different cultures;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally and provide high quality written reporting in English;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Valid passport and travel permission, for potential international travel; and
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and adapt to new program activity requirements and helping others to stay on track.
To apply please provide your resume and cover letter to the following link: