Chief of Party, Local Governance-Initiatives for Democracy
- Location: Philippines
- Date Posted: October 2nd, 2019
- Application Deadline: October 30th, 2019
- Job Type: Full-time (contingent on funding)
Eurasia Foundation is a US-based non-profit, nonpartisan organization committed to helping citizens in countries in transition realize their full potential and transform their societies. EF supports governments and citizens to enhance responsive, accountable and transparent governance, and helps citizens build a stronger, more resilient civil society. EF is committed to supporting meaningful and lasting change at the community, regional, national levels. Its work is based on the principles of inclusiveness, collaboration, and locally-sourced solutions.
EF is seeking an experienced international development professional to serve as the Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID opportunity that focuses on bolstering local governance in the Philippines through three interrelated objectives: a) Increasing transparency and accountability; b) Improving third party oversight of local procurement; and c) Supporting policy dialogues to advance local governance and decentralization.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for technical and management oversight and will ensure the successful implementation of all aspects of the program including performance monitoring, reporting, and compliance with federal regulations and internal policies.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
Filipino Nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical direction and strategic oversight to ensure the integrity and quality of the project delivery
- Lead the work planning, including strategic engagement with key stakeholders such as relevant government agencies and local partners, to solicit their input into the planning process
- Serve as the primary point of contact with USAID and the project partners. Maintain productive working relationships with all stakeholders
- Supervise responses to donor reporting requirements, including quarterly and annual program reports and other deliverables as specified in the project agreement
- Deliver high-level presentations as needed to the project stakeholders including USAID, EF senior management and relevant government agencies
- Oversee all project operations and staff as well as financial planning and budgeting processes in collaboration with EF HQ management and technical staff
- Technical expertise in local governance programming with special focus on multi stakeholder engagement models, participatory planning, public procurement reforms, public dialogue and consensus building
- Minimum ten years of relevant experience managing international development programs in a similar position
- Strong familiarity and good understanding of USAID policies and procedures
- Proven track record working collaboratively with local stakeholders including government officials, civil society organizations, media, and the private sector
- Demonstrated exceptional abilities in exercising good judgement, creative problem solving and dynamic hands on management
- Strong knowledge and familiarity of working in the Philippines
- Master’s degree in International Development, Political Science, Public Policy or other relevant areas of study
- Fluency in English and Filipino
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "COPPH" in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.