Stichting Mayday Rescue Foundation is an international not for profit organisation. Mayday seeks to protect civilians against the effects of war and natural disaster by enabling them to protect themselves. We work where we are most needed: we seek to support the communities that are the most vulnerable and the most exposed to threats from conflict or natural disaster. We build solutions to the problem at hand. Our customers are the civilians we protect. Our method is the capability we build from amongst them. The training and equipment of civilian protection/community resilience capabilities is a means to an end. We measure our performance by how good our teams’ civilian protection service is, as judged by the civilians they, and we serve. Mayday is headquartered in the Netherlands and operates regional office in Turkey. Our multinational team of more than 30 specialists has extensive experience of delivering complex programmes. Mayday Rescue Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and applications are actively encouraged from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Further information about Mayday can be found at www.maydayrescue.org
Scope of Work
The Programme Assistant is a generalist position that will support the programme delivery team by providing staff and administrative support across all activities.
- Staff departmental meetings in English, taking notes and meeting minutes and recording action items
- Maintain departmental calendar
- Track staff movements
- Maintain and update trackers and databases of project and programme information
- Draft memos, briefing notes, emails and reports in English for internal and external consumption
- Develop and update budget spreadsheets
- Proofread and edit other staff members’ English-language work to a finished standard
- Provide translation and interpretation between Arabic and English as needed
- Provide support across the programme department on a variety of programme, project and administrative tasks, including activity plans
- Maintain up-to-date programme files, records and information in both soft and hard copy.
Contribute to a positive working environment by being accessible and available to team members.
Ensure issues and challenges are addressed in a timely and participatory manner by informing related department and line mangers.
Other tasks as directed by supervisor.
- University degree or equivalent in business administration, Social Sciences or relevant field.
- Demonstrated experience in staff/administrative work required, including duties such as note taking and facilitation of meetings
- Professional experience in the development, stabilization, or humanitarian field preferred.
Experience working in the non-profit sector preferred.
Experience working in programme/project management preferred..
Skills and abilities
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential, Arabic strongly preferred, Turkish is an advantage.
- Ability to multitask and work within deadlines;
- Good knowledge of administrative systems, practices, policies and procedures.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook (or similar software);
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly effectively and respectfully to colleagues and key stakeholders.
Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to integrate seamlessly into a multicultural, multilingual team with a variety of backgrounds, skill sets, and experience levels.
Excellent analytical and written skills and good computer skills
- Promoting organizational knowledge and information sharing.
- Strong resource planning, time and meeting facilitation skills.
- High level of integrity.
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Organized with a keen attention to detail
Motivated, fast learner with good interpersonal and time management skills
Proactive, solutions oriented.
Mayday Rescue is committed to diversity, inclusion and equal opportunities within its workforce, regardless of race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religious and political believes, or sexual orientation. Mayday Rescue encourages qualified female and male candidates, to apply to become a part of our team. If you find yourself a good match for this position, and if you are interested in joining a highly dynamic team and having a direct positive impact on Mayday’s programmes, please submit your CV and cover letter on our career portal by clicking below link. https://goo.gl/Vixei8