WASH Consortium MEAL & Reporting Manager
Position Start Date : 15.10.2019
Duration : 7 months
Location : Erbil - Iraq
Terre des hommes does not set closing dates for this position; recruitment is on-going
until the position is filled
Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is the leading Swiss child relief organization, based in Lausanne (Switzerland). Every year our projects support more than 2 million children (3 million in 2016) and their families in over 35 countries. We are part of the Terre des hommes International Federation (TDHIF), with 9 other sister organizations in Switzerland, Europe and Canada.
Tdh-Lausanne is currently implementing a large-scale emergency and rehabilitation program throughout the country in Ninewa, Salah ah-din, Anbar and Kirkuk Governorates.
Terre des hommes just obtained funding (IHF 2nd allocation) to be lead of a WASH Out Of Camp consortium of 6 partners (4 international NGOs and 2 national NGOs) in 6 districts spread over 3 governorates for 8 months duration. In order to ensure the coordination of partners, the overall monitoring and reporting of the project and the strengthening of partners' skills (with a particular focus on local partners), Tdh will set up a Consortium Coordination Unit with 2 full-time dedicated staff (1 consortium coordinator and 1 MEAL and reporting manager) and partial support of support (compliance) and technical resources (WASH coordinator and hygiene promotion roving specialist).
The WASH Out of Camp Consortium MEAL and reporting manager is responsible for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, Learning and Reporting of the IHF project proposed by the 6 partners. He/she ensures that a common monitoring plan is implement, to follow progress on indicators, to organize standardize assessment tools, organize evaluation according to donor requirements, to manage data and provide comprehensive analysis reports, to produce intermediate (internal and external) and final reports, and to ensure that complaints and feedback response mechanism is properly implemented.
- Develop a common monitoring plan to all 6 consortium partners, ensuring compliance with contractual and qualitative commitments and overall compatibility with Tdh Iraq MEAL system and mark out the steps for monitoring its implementation;
- Develop adapted and efficient monitoring and evaluation tools according to project needs and consortium members capacities;
- Ensure that the proposed strategy, approach and tools are in line with Tdh's MEAL strategy in Iraq and the guidelines already developed;
- Develop a joint plan for the consortium partners to set up the complaint and feedback mechanism and mark out the steps for monitoring its implementation;
- Develop a plan to capitalize on practices and lessons learned for the consortium with the assistance of the consortium coordinator and WASH coordinator;
- Plan and organize MEAL-related capacity building sessions with national partners;
- Develop the project reporting plan, timeline and responsibility matrix at the beginning of the project;
- Develop adapted reporting template to facilitate general online reporting (CBPF GMS);
- Contribute to the development and updating of the MEAL country strategy, the consolidation of the MEAL work plan and MEAL framework for all ongoing projects;
- Contribute to the consortium communication (consortium meetings, emails, reports, technical papers, technical working-group) with datas, statistics and graphs;
- Develop visual communication tools on the activities carried out by the consortium (fact sheets, mapping, slides, etc.);
- Acting as interim consortium coordinator when needed (absence of the coordinator);
- Organize training sessions on monitoring and evaluation tools, mobile data collection and mapping, and reporting templates with consortium members, more especially with national NGOs;
- Ensure proper compliance of all consortium members regarding to donor contractual documentation in relation to committed project indicators (sources of verification).
- Appropriate qualification at Master’s degree level in relevant field such as statistics, project management, data management or generalist humanitarian studies;
- Proven experience (at least 2 years) coordinating MEAL in an international NGO;
- Strong experience in planning, designing, management and implementation of monitoring and evaluation program strategies;
- Advanced IT skills, especially in Excel, SQL, mobile data collection software (Kobo, SurveyCTO) and data visualization softwares (PowerBI, Tableau);
- Strong experience in using mobile data collection tools;
- Strong experience on geographic information systems (GIS), QGIS and database management and analysis;
- Experience of working in a consortium model and/or in Iraq or Middle-East countries is an asset;
- Excellent writing skills and ability to synthesize in English.
Please be advised that living conditions in the field (volatile security context, basic living conditions, shared showers/toilets, curfew, restriction of movements, etc.) can be challenging and although Tdh does the necessary to ensure security and wellbeing of the staff, people used to a certain level of comfort might not feel at ease in the field.
Expatriate contract under Swiss regulations 2’950 CHF (~2’550 €) < > 4’300 CHF (~3’700 €) net /month (according to experience) x 13 months.
Annual leaves: 25 days/year, local accommodation and transportation, health insurance, accident and medical repatriation insurance, return flight.
Tdh Global Code of Conduct and Risk Management Policies :
- Fully complies with Tdh’s Global Code of Conduct and systematically reports any breach to the Code through the whistleblowing procedure: raises awareness within the Foundation on abuse and violence and the rights deriving therefrom, respecting the rights and dignity of children, members of the communities and our own Staff
- Commits to respecting Risk Management Policies including: Safeguarding Policies (Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy on the Protection against Sexual Exploitation and the Directive on Staff Misconduct at the Workplace), Safety and Security Policy and Anti-Fraud/Corruption and Prevention of the Financing of Criminal Activities Policies
- Commits to reducing the risk of abuse and harm by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children and the communities in which we intervene in.
We offer an exciting and varied work, useful and meaningful, in a team that wants to make a difference for vulnerable children.
Are you interested? Do you want to face this challenge?
Please applying directly online:http://www.jobs.net/j/JPkZzZQS?idpartenaire=20007
Application files sent through our official website will be processed only if complete (CV + cover letter).
Additional documents (diplomas, work certificates, etc.) will be requested at a later stage.
We will be in touch with the shortlisted candidates only in the selection process – with the large number of applications received, we unfortunately cannot provide personal follow-up to the larger candidate pool. Thanks for your understanding.
For any questions you can consult the FAQ below the job advertisements.
To know more about Terre des hommes: https://vimeo.com/253387418