Head Of Office Şanlıurfa
AAR Japan started working in Turkey in response to Van Earthquake 2011 and was one of the first international Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) on the ground responding to the Syrian Crisis. Since 2012, AAR Japan has implemented cross-sectoral projects on basic needs, education, food security, protection and health targeting urban refugees in Gaziantep, Şanlıurfa, Mardin and Istanbul.
The project’s overall goal, on one hand, is to contribute in building a protective environment for people with disabilities by addressing their health issues, protection risks, and their vulnerabilities and on the other hand, facilitating durable solutions for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) in their interest.
AAR Japan is looking for Head of Offıce who will be positioned in Şanlıurfa, Turkey.
ROLE SUMMARY :
The job holder will be accountable for all activities in the AAR Japan’s Urfa Office. He/she will therefore plan, coordinate and manage staff, budget, resources and systems to ensure the delivery of project and office objectives while also ensuring that all staff understand and abide by the policies. He/she will be responsible for the all project aspects (budget, reporting, quality and delivery of program activities) and for the office management (finance, HR, logistics, IT, leadership, safety and security).
Reports to: Country Director
Directly manages: Manages directly and indirectly 60-70 staffs in the office
- Authorise expenditure up to 1,000 USD
- Negotiation and representation with senior level representatives including government at national level and international donors.
Responsible for overall recruitment procedure.
Ensure onboarding, training, and performance management of staff as appropriate and in accordance with AAR Japan policies and procedures
Responsible for overall project implementation at the field level.
Ensure projects are responsive to the affected population and in line with AAR Japan’s principles, values and policies and procedures.
Establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with authorities, donors, and other NGOs
Ensure preparation of timely and high quality reports
Ensures compliance with donor requirements as well as AAR Japan internal policies
Ensure safety and security of staff.
- Bachelor degree
- At least 5 years of professional experience including at least 3 years in a relevant field and 1 year of managing staff
- At least 1 year experience in humanitarian sector
- Experience ability to understand, create, review, correct and adapt budgets
- Strong ability to motivate, coordinate and build capacity of staff
- Ability to speak and write fluently English
- Ability to multitask with a wide range of activities
- Ability to make concerted decisions
- Experience/ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Experience/ability to write, review, correct reports and to ensure that any report submitted is of the highest quality
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to travel and work in difficult environment
- Master degree
- 4 years or more of experience in a relevant field and 2 years or more of managing staff
- Technical expertise in Programme or/and office management
- Ability to speak and write Turksh or Arabic
- Ability to create vision and strategy and to inspire people to follow his/her leadership
Interested candidates who meet the above mentioned qualification should submit their English CV, cover letter to email provided in the apply button indicating the code number which is HOO-01-2019 in the subject line after filling the application form on :
by 31st of October, 2019.
Due to the urgency of the position, AAR Japan reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
Note: The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications fulfill the required criteria will be contacted. The submitted documents will not be returned.