Editorial Communications Coordinator
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 35 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those effected by poverty, conflicts or natural disasters.
Our head office in Birmingham, UK is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Editorial Communications Coordinator’ to join the External Relations and Advocacy Division. The person will be responsible for producing multi-channel editorial and communications content for the Islamic Relief Worldwide website, external and internal publications, social media and advocacy campaigns. The role involves providing a high quality editorial and general communications support to colleagues within the Division, in other key departments within the organisation’s international office in Birmingham, and across Islamic Relief’s field offices. International travel occasionally will be a requirement of the post holder.
The successful candidate must have:
- Vast experience of producing regular multi-channel editorial and communications content to a high standard, particularly for websites and external publications, for different audiences
- Evidence of success in creating compelling communications content and messages, with creative flair and attention to detail
- Experience in using content management systems to update websites
- Experience of working successfully as part of a communications team in a large organisation, working to a house style guide and following sign-off procedures
- Project management experience, with proven ability to manage multiple projects on tight and changeable schedules
Islamic Relief promotes equality and meritocracy, and seeks individuals who are sympathetic to the IR values of; Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship together with our policy standards on Anti-Bribery, Child Protection and Code of Conduct. If you would like to be a part of an organisation striving to make a difference in the world and are looking for a meaningful career, we will be glad to hear from you.
Please Note: Interviews are expected to take place on 18 November 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
· screening clearance
· proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
· receipt of satisfactory references
For UK based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications which would require sponsorship.
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer