FRANCE – INTERNSHIP: PROGRAM ASSISTANT ASIA & NIGERIA DESK – CLICHY
Position: Program Assistant – Asia and Nigeria Desk
Location: HQ of SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL in Clichy-la-Garenne (92 110)
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is a French humanitarian organization which provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 35 years, our organization has worked towards meeting the three basic needs – water, food and shelter – of vulnerable and crisis-affected populations, and has been more specifically committed to fight against waterborne diseases, leading cause of death in the world. SI’s interventions are carried out based on its expertise in the field of access to safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential ones of food security and livelihoods. SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL is currently present in about 20 countries where SI staff – a total of 2,000 people comprising expatriates, local staff, HQ employees and some volunteers – implements programs with professionalism and commitment whilst being mindful of respecting other cultures.
ABOUT THE JOB
MAIN MISSIONS OF THE INTERNSHIP:
- Provide assistance to the Desk Manager, the Desk Program Manager and the Desk Grants Manager in the execution of necessary administrative tasks and management of SI’s programs in Bangladesh, Myanmar and Nigeria.
- Provide general support to the Desk’s missions.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE INTERNSHIP:
- To assist the Desk team in the execution of the administrative tasks necessary to manage the Desk’s missions;
- To ensure a proper program follow-up with the Program Manager (operational monitoring and follow-up of the projects implemented on the field);
- To ensure a proper contractual follow-up with the Grants Manager (donor relations, respect of procedures);
- To understand and be familiar with the various programs and areas of expertise of SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL;
- To understand and be familiar with the humanitarian and geopolitical context in the countries covered by the Desk: Bangladesh, Myanmar and Nigeria.
- To master the tools related to project management;
- To master SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL internal procedures and those specific to the main humanitarian donors;
- To liaise and ensure the flow of information among several interlocutors (Desk, HQ, field and donors).
- Ensure that all contractual/administrative requests from the field are dealt with;
- Establishment and maintenance of the continuity in follow-up procedures: program reporting planning, organizational charts, program cards, contact lists, donor contacts, etc.;
- Support in reviewing project proposals and reports. Developing a critical eye and making suggestions are a must;
- Update of the pack expats and country profiles;
- Contextual and program briefing of expats;
- Archiving of program documents (paper and electronic);
- Liaise with the other HQ departments (Direction, RH, Log, Communication);
- Support the monitoring of the various programs (intermediate and final reports deadlines, extensions, etc.);
- Participate in the institutional knowledge building of the projects undertaken by SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL;
- Geopolitical context and news monitoring on the aforementioned countries;
- In the absence of the Desk Manager, Desk Program Manager and Desk Grants Manager, maintain the contact with the missions.
- Discover how the Headquarters of a NGO works, and understand the relationship between the Field and HQ;
- Discover the different professions of SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL on the field;
- Gain practical knowledge on the project cycle management and technical aspects of SI’s projects by attending to monthly internal trainings.
- Put in practice the project cycle management tools;
- Have a first approach on the functioning of a mission and its specific constraints;
- Understand the relationships between the different humanitarian actors;
- Be familiar with donor requirements;
- Direct contact with the Field through the expatriates;
- Discover the strategy of an NGO and its elaboration;
- Master the understanding of the humanitarian issues, analysis of priorities and needs identification of the Desk’s countries.
- Master SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL’s and main donors’ procedures
- Master degree in humanitarian action or project management, development, international relations, political sciences, WaSH or agronomy studies.
- Strong written and spoken English (C1/C2) given that the Desk works with English speaking missions, fluent French
- Genuine commitment to the principles and work of SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL
- Strong interest and motivation for non-profit and humanitarian aid
- Willingness to work on the field
- International work experience is an asset
- Excellent writing skills in English and French
- Critical thinking and analysis, autonomy, rigor, reactivity, organization, efficiency, work capacity, proactive and critical mind are a must
- Ability to work under stress
SI WILL OFFER YOU
6 months, starting on the 25th of November 2019
- The intern must have a French “titre de séjour étudiant”
- This internship requires an internship agreement with a university.
- This internship is a fulltime position only.
- Monthly benefit: calculated pro rata to the actual hours of attendance over the month. (On average 1 month = 154h, or 22 days of 7h/day)
- 50% of transport costs (Navigo Pass) covered by SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL
- 60% of the monthly cost of tickets restaurant (value: 8.9€ per working day).
- 2 days of paid leaves per months
Please send your CV and Cover letter (in English) before October 23rd to Lizel ROQUE at email@example.com.
Please name the object of your email: APPLICATION ASSIST PROG ASIA & NIGERIA
Application closing date: 23rd of October 2019
Tests & Interviews: from October 28th to November 12th 2019
Start date: 25th of November 2019