Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a motley group of entrepreneurs and professionals with a diverse range of backgrounds all the way from the medical industry to the music business, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Partner with us!
The Evidence Department is looking for a Program Associate to provide critical support on project management aspects of a multi-country initiative focused on leveraging mobile technology to better engage with PSI’s target audience. This is an exciting new initiative that provides the opportunity to make technology work to deliver better health outcomes through bringing care closer to people in the developing world.
Sound like something you would be interested in? Read on.
The individual will:
• Support country teams to ensure that project activities are completed in a timely manner with the budget allocation
• Support on the development of foundational documents, in conjunction with country teams
• Support on the management of project work plans working in conjunction with country teams
• Support on the execution of digital marketing agency workplans
• Support on the management of country budgets, in particular, monitoring burn rates
• Support on strengthening the use of data generated through the projects by applying an institutional ‘Data to Action Framework’ approach
• Support on documenting learning by generating initiative case studies
• Lead on the Consumer Facing Community of Practice (CoP)
• Coordinate Innovations Hub meetings and Bi-monthly newsletters
A lot of the work will involve undertaking day to day follow up with the country teams
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly ambitious individual a passion in public health, willing and able to learn by doing in a very demanding position. In particular, we are looking for;
• 2-5 years relevant program management support experience
• Great writing and communication skills – able to clearly depict nuanced or complex ideas.
• Great power point skills – able to ‘translate’ ideas / takeaways from discussions into professional grade outputs.
• Highly organized and a self-starter
• Comfortable with mobile technology
• Relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (e.g., communications, public health, marketing, journalism, social sciences, or anthropology).
• Experience in public health or working for a development agency is a plus
• Experience with SharePoint, MS Planner & MS Team
All applicants must be based in Nairobi with permission to work. PSI will not provide work permits.
The timeframe for the position is 12 months with a possibility of extension.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and current Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com Subject: Program Associate
Applications are currently accepted on a rolling basis.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.