IT Specialist, Colombia, L6 (part-time)
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. This is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It works with governments and other stakeholders, including families of the missing, to help them develop and maintain successful missing persons processes. To learn more about ICMP click here.
ICMP’s Colombia Program
In the aftermath of half a century of conflict, Colombia faces a legacy of more than 85,000 cases of missing and disappeared persons. The inclusion of this issue in the Final Peace Agreement signed in November 2016, provides an exceptional opportunity to advance efforts to account for missing persons and to secure the rights of victims.
ICMP is mandated under the Peace Agreement to assist this process. It has identified the most important challenges and will support the Search Unit, families of the missing, civil society organizations and parties to the Peace Agreement in their efforts towards long-term peace and reconciliation. ICMP will work closely with its international and Colombian partners to make a positive and practical contribution to this process.
Reporting to the Head of Program and under the guidance and close coordination of the Global IT Manager, the IT Specialist duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide ICT services to Colombian program staff both while in the office and through remote support tools;
- Install, deploy and maintain approved software tools, clients and services in line with ICMP ICT policies and strategy;
- Provide the assessment for specific ICT requirements and assist in development of ICT operational and security plans/infrastructure necessary to support the program;
- Perform essential cybersecurity duties: assessment and mitigation of network security issues, vulnerability assessment and intrusion detection.
- High school diploma with specialized IT training;
- Six years of related experience in the areas of Technical Support, Help Desk, Network Administrator, Cybersecurity, SharePoint/Office 365;
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS and/or MERAKI based hardware/appliances;
- Knowledge of MCSA: Windows 10/Server 2016, Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing & Switching (CCNA);
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to explain technical terms to a non-technical audience;
- Professional demeanor with a strong service orientation;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Proven ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact.
- Legally entitled to work in Colombia;
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish;
- Ability to interact positively with colleagues regardless of culture, nationality, religion or gender;
- Willingness to travel and to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings, when necessary.
In addition to an attractive base salary, this position is eligible for up to 8 weeks of paid time off each year and generous social security insurances. This position is at the LES 6 level on the ICMP Colombia salary scale. This position is not eligible for relocation or expatriate allowances. For more details, please see the ICMP website.
Please submit your application in English.
ICMP is committed to maintaining an environment of mutual respect, where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants. ICMP believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff are critical to our success as a global organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented individuals from a thoroughly diverse range of candidates. ICMP is proud to be part of the International Gender Champions network.
Please submit your application through the following link: https://www.workable.com/j/718EA86F66