Intern - Treasury
Position Title : Intern - Treasury
Duty Station : Geneva, Switzerland
Classification : Intern, Grade OTHE
Type of Appointment : Internship, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 16 October 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The Treasury Division forms part of the Department of Resource Management and is responsible for the custody and investment of IOM’s cash resources and all banking relationships and services.
Treasury is responsible for all liquidity, cash management and investment management in IOM. Treasury is increasingly tasked to provide practical support and lead strategical development for banking solutions across IOM.
The successful candidate will work under the guidance and supervision of the Chief of Treasury and in cooperation with other colleagues of the Treasury division, relevant Field Offices and IOM Headquarters.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Chief of Treasury, and in accordance with the overall direction of the Director of Resource Management, the successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
Assist Treasury to gather and analysis information from all missions related to their payment processing cycle, vendor management and the integration between SAP and various banking platforms.
Assist Treasury with the implementation of the global bank master data update project within SAP.
Assist Treasury with projects related to automating Treasury system functionalities.
Assist Treasury with system testing for new functionalities within relevant banking platforms and Treasury system.
Assist Treasury with providing technical and end user assistance to missions using Treasury systems and or Treasury administrated banking platforms.
Assist in documentation on Treasury system and Treasury processes for end users.
Assist Treasury with daily operations if required.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of Treasury.
Training Components and Learning Elements
• Develop a solid understanding of the functioning of a UN agency
• Gain experience in HQ treasury and banking activities related to an International Organization
• Engage with international offices around the world and gain country experience related to treasury funding and activities
• Gain experience in the global banking and payment relations
• Develop knowledge in SWIFT, banking connectivity and message formats
• Gain experience in on administration of e-banking platforms
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• University degree in Accounting, Computer science, Engineering, Treasury or any related finance/IT discipline from an accredited academic institution with relevant professional experience.
• Sound knowledge of the usage of a Treasury management system and Treasury functions;
• Sound knowledge of payment types within a country;
• Practical experience of how-to multi-task, prioritize and work independently.
• High level of computer literacy, excellent knowledge in Microsoft applications, banking platforms and notepad ++ an advantage
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in a team of colleagues of varied cultural and professional backgrounds
• Proven ability to produce quality work accurately and concisely according to set deadlines
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English; working knowledge of French and/or
Spanish is an advantage
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
• Please consider the cost of living in Geneva prior to applying.
• Depending on experience and location, IOM provides a small monthly stipend to help offset costs.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and additional enquiries will only be addressed if the candidate is shortlisted.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
No late applications will be accepted.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 16 October 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 03.10.2019 to 16.10.2019
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: INT 2019/43 – Intern - Treasury - Geneva, Switzerland (56172771) Released
Posting: Posting NC56172796 (56172796) Released