Research Translation Strategy Lead, LASER PULSE Project
The Research Translation Strategy Lead will serve as CRS's Key Personnel on the Long-Term Assistance and Services for Research (LASER PULSE) project. LASER PULSE is a five-year USAID-funded program, led by Purdue University, to bring together university researchers, development actors, government representatives, and the private sector to research and promote solutions to persistant development challenges. The Research Translation Strategy Lead will lead the creation and implementation of strategies for LASER PULSE to connect, engage and collaborate with development actors, in the translation, dissemination and use of key research outcomes for development practice. S/he will collaborate with Purdue and other partners to ensure that relevant practitioners and end users are integrated into the design, implementation and outcomes of the project's R4D conferences. In addition, the Policy and Practice Lead will work closely with Indiana University (IU) and other consortium partners to support the HEI research subgrantee process and participants to ensure end to end translation and stakeholder engagement is integrated into the process.
* Lead the CRS LASER team and serve as a member of the LASER Core Management Team
* Development and implement an integrated cross-objective stakeholder engagement strategy and resources
* Work with Purdue, Indiana University and other LASER PULSE members to ensure close coordination between PULSE researchers and development actors across project objectives
* Consult, engage, and collaborate with HEIs, civil society, and public sector actors to ensure effective research translation and application is integrated in project initiatives and innovations
* Design, develop and implement capacity strengthening approaches, tools and platforms for development actors to increase access, engagement and collaboration with researchers and the research community
* Ensure development actors' engagement in R4D conferences and sub-granting processes
* Identify research outcomes and findings for translation into accessible resources for development practitioners including the development and support of web resources, briefing documents, presentations and other media
* Coordination with LASER-PULSE Leadership and partners on research and translation strategies and approaches
* PhD, preferred, Masters degree and equivalent experience, in organizational learning, knowledge management or in a related field or equivalent work experience.
* 10 years of relevant international experience in an advisory or management role, preferably with five to seven years' in a developing country context.
* Excellent written and verbal skills, fluency in English required, fluency in French or Spanish highly desirable.
* Proven experience in working with universities in the US and the global south as well as with nonprofits in the global south
* Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement, capacity strengthening and research translation and application.
* Wide understanding and application of innovation, learning and research translation theories, and concepts as well as demonstrated knowledge of best practices.
* Demonstrated experience in research, innovation and knowledge management and transfer: capturing, documenting, and facilitating the use of outcomes.
* Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to and between diverse audiences through training, facilitation, mentoring, and other formal and non-formal methods.
* Proven ability to present effectively at conferences, networks and through publications.
* Demonstrated ability to introduce new concepts and ideas and to develop best practices and lessons learned.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
City: Baltimore or Indiana