Senior Technical Adviser, Youth
The Youth Senior Technical Advisor (STA) will provide technical and thought leadership in integrating youth-serving approaches into CRS' signature and other program areas at the country, regional and global levels. CRS considers youth to be both an age cohort and a program area, and this position will focus on both, especially for vulnerable, marginalized youth. The Youth STA will supervise the Youth TA, play a role in leading CRS' youth strategic priority, and represent CRS to donors, policy makers, and peer organizations in the US and globally.
Technical Support for Business Development and Resource Acquisition
* Serve as a capture manager/lead technical writer/peer reviewer for youth developments components in large, strategic proposals, e.g., DFAPs.
* Serve as focal point for youth IDIQs, mobilizing agency resources to lead the design and/or review of technical approaches in Requests for Task Order Proposals (RFTOP).
* Assist in recruitment for potential key and other personnel in youth proposals.
* Promote CRS' youth programming to public, private, and individual donors
Technical Leadership in Program/Project Development and Implementation
* Build a CRS community of practice in CRS around youth development to transform CRS in a more youth-serving agency.
* Generate a shared understanding in the agency on how to integrate youth into all stages of the project development cycle.
* Serve as a short-term technical advisor on IDIQ task orders and other large, strategic projects.
* Build capacity of CRS and partner staff on using youth-serving approaches in assessments, strategic planning processes and technical approaches for major proposals, e.g., DFAPs.
* Develop training curricula for training in youth-serving approaches and "How To" guides for with tools for applying these approaches.
* Mentor regional and country program youth technical staff and focal people as needed.
* Lead process for incorporating youth into the anticipated new agency strategy.
* Integrate youth concerns into the agency's program areas
* Work closely with colleagues in PIQA and globally to integrate youth into governance, peacebuilding and gender; protection; education; and water, environment and sanitation.
Knowledge Management and Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning
* Capture and document innovative approaches used by CRS, partners and the broader PVO and donor communities for mainstreaming youth development into programming.
* Contribute to designing evaluations for major youth development projects and lead efforts to set and pursue an agency youth development learning agenda.
* Keep abreast of emerging issues in youth serving approaches that can be incorporated into programming at the country, regional and global levels.
* Prepare background documents for discussions with peer and donor organizations; contribute to legislative briefs; and represent the agency to donors at the highest levels.
* Assist the country and regional technical staff with developing growth and donor engagement strategies for increasing the influence their programs.
* Advise and guide colleagues on how best to engage with CRS' Church and other faith-based partners on issues related to youth-serving programming.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.