Program Officer, Media Development
- Location: Washington, DC
- Date Posted: October 1st, 2019
- Application Deadline: October 30th, 2019
- Job Type: Full-time
Eurasia Foundation is a US-based non-profit, nonpartisan organization committed to helping citizens in countries in transition realize their full potential and transform their societies. EF supports governments and citizens to enhance responsive, accountable and transparent governance, and helps citizens build a stronger, more resilient civil society. EF is committed to supporting meaningful and lasting change at the community, regional, national levels. Its work is based on the principles of inclusiveness, collaboration, and locally-sourced solutions.
EF is accepting applications for a Program Officer position to provide day to day operational and programmatic support to a media development project in the Middle East. The PO position reports to the Senior Manager and works closely with him/her to ensure the project implementation meets quality standards and is delivered according to the agreed upon scope and budget.
- Support and contribute to the preparation of all the project deliverables such as bi-weekly and quarterly progress reports
- Actively maintain the project online platform and post relevant and engaging content under the guidance of the Senior Manager
- Facilitate the planning of the project’s events including the in-person trainings and online events such as webinars and forum discussions
- Maintain productive working relationships with the project’s regional and international partners and consultants. Review the partners/consultants’ deliverables and participate in regular check in calls as needed
- Support the vetting and selection of the project participants under the guidance of the Senior Manager
- Monitor media content produced under the project to ensure its quality and integrity
- Regularly track and report on the project’s performance as well as actively document lessons learned, and knowledge generated during the implementation
- Troubleshoot problems on time and identify and present creative solutions when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum four years of program backstopping experience with strong familiarity of USG rules and regulations
- Knowledge and familiarity of the media sector in the Middle East strongly preferred
- Familiarity with digital media platforms highly desired
- Outstanding English writing and editing abilities a must. Fluency in Arabic is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, international development, political science, area studies or another relevant field required
- Demonstrated exceptional analytical, organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite program and web-based research tools
- Strong inter-personal skills, sound judgment, ability to work with diverse teams
- Proven multi-tasking skills and attention to detail under time-pressure and on short-deadlines
- Ability to travel internationally
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with POMD in the subject line.
No phone calls, please.