Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager in partnership with the Director, leads the planning, execution, and analysis of organic social media. Serving as the primary communicator with PIH’s more than 520,000 fan and followers, the Manager is responsible for building and maintaining an online community on social by elevating loyalty through increased awareness and audience engagement. As an integral member of the Marketing and Communications team, this role must be able juggle multiple assignments and collaborate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization in a fast-paced environment.
- Build PIH’s social media presence by maintaining a solid online presence via a regular/timely publishing schedule, strong/engaging content, and optimization.
- Lead day-to-day organic social media development and implementation in support of increasing and engaging the supporter base.
- With the Director, establish a strategy and voice for each social media platform based off the branding and messaging matrix.
- Direct content producers on social direction, content and assets needs (photos, videos, gifs, graphics, etc.), and production of deliverables. Update the multichannel content calendar with social media plans.
- Monitor PIH’s brand on social media. Engage with online community and respond to comments.
- Measure and report on relevant KPIs across platforms.
- Stay up-to-date with latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in managing social and digital campaigns and communications.
- A strong writing background including experience writing copy for a variety of digital platforms, under tight deadlines.
- Strong understanding of social media and digital analytics (native platforms, google analytics)
- Excellent collaborator, engaging in cross-department planning and strategy sessions, with exposure to all staff and levels of the organization.
- Interest and knowledge of new and emerging social and digital industry trends.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with social media management tools (Sprout Social, Tweetdeck, etc)
- Able to work occasional nights and weekends.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate effectively with culturally diverse staff across departments and country.
- Interest in social justice strongly desirable.
Partners In Health (PIH) is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of PIH not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law. PIH works in and with a number of governments in and outside the U.S., and to the extent applicable, this statement is intended to incorporate the prohibition of any unlawful discrimination covered by applicable laws in such countries, states and municipalities