CHIEF OF PARTY
The Chief of Party (COP) is a designated “Key Personnel” position for the $48M, USAID/Feed the Future “Livelihoods for Resilience Activity.” The COP provides overall leadership and direction of the Feed the Future “Livelihoods for Resilience Activity (LRA)” targeting 97,900 households in 27 woredas in the three Regions of Tigray, Amhara and Southern Nations.
S/he leads and manages the LRA project through a combination of technical assistance, local capacity building, microfinance and value chain market interventions both for CARE’s operational areas and through Project Partners. The COP ensures close coordination and collaborative relations with USAID and other stakeholders involed in livelihoods and food security programs including the Productive Safety Net Programme, Food Security Coordination Bureau, Micro Finance Institutions, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and other donors implementing related programs.
- Strategic, operational and management oversight and leadership
- Staff supervision and management
- Subgrant management
- Networking Learning and Representation
- Oversee program monitoring, evaluation, and reporting
- Advanced degree in related field including agriculture, international development, business, marketing, public administration, anthropology, labor market, environmental sciences/management, climate/adaptation, and/or economics
- Demonstrated expertise and a minimum of 7 years of COP experience managing large, complex livelihood agricultural development and/or inclusive market systems programs with a market orientation
- Practical experience in project start-up, hiring, supervising and mentoring to meet programmatic needs
- Strong English language communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across organizations, sectors, cultures, and donors
Please directly apply in our website at:
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at email@example.com.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.