Manager - Health and Nutrition (ILaisamis, Marsabit)
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries
Applications are invited from suitably qualified internal candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Manager - Health and Nutrition
Job Location: Laisamis, Marsabit
Reports to: Senior Manager – Health and Nutrition
Direct Reports: Officer Health & Nutrition
Two (2) Years Fixed Term Contract Renewable Contract
Starting Salary of the Pay Grade – Kes 197,077 p.m.
Pension after Confirmation of Appointment
Medical Cover (Principal + 2 Dependants)
Personal Accident Cover
The incumbent will provide technical leadership and support in the implementation of the USAID Food For Peace MILE programme at the Sub-county Level
Main Duties & Responsibilities:**
· Participate in the assessment and selection of appropriate partners for programme implementation;
· Provide organizational and technical support to MoH and local partners in the implementation of High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI) and health services;
· Liaising closely with the sub-county health management teams (SCHMT) and Hospital Management Teams (HMT) to develop joint work plans and ensure MoH ownership and integration of the MILE programme into the existing health systems;
· Work closely with the SCHMT to oversee and review the implementation of sub-county work plans and activities
· Support MoH and local partners to strengthen planning, implementation and review of health and nutrition intervention at the sub-county level
· Work with stakeholders at the sub-county level to establish health and nutrition complementary interventions while actively promoting inter sectoral linkages and integration with other programmes as necessary in line with the MILE programme strategy
· Ensure programme quality by taking an active role in monitoring of programme interventions including contributing to the development of context specific M&E tools, using data for decision making, field monitoring and joint support supervision
· Monitor the health and nutrition situation in the sub-county including coordination of nutrition surveys, supporting surveillance and assessments as required
· Contribute to the development and review of the MILE programme, research and advocacy strategies
· Develop and implement sub-county level nutrition specific programme budgets, budget revisions, costed work plans among other financial planning tools as required.
· Documentation of the MILE programme process and compilation of programme reports including generating lessons learnt and case studies
· Represent Concern and the MILE programme at sub-county Health and Nutrition meetings/fora and support advocacy initiatives in line with the MILE programme strategy
· Monitor programme budget and partner grants and account for expenditure through timely financial reporting
· Provide coordination to all MILE programme activities by channeling communication and resources to all departments at sub-county level
Responding to Emergencies:
· Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
· Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
· To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies
· To support and promote the standards outlined in the Concern Code of Conduct & Associated Policies to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
· To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme
· A Bachelor degree in Food, Nutrition and Dietetics, Health, Nursing or related field with KNDI professional certification
· At least five (5) years’ experience in health and nutrition programme management in the delivery of High Impact Nutrition Interventions (HINI) and health services; with at least two (2) years’ experience in a supervisory or managerial role
· Solid understanding and experience with integrated program approaches
· Significant experience/knowledge of MoH systems, particularly at County level and working with and through local partners
· Excellent programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, interpersonal and report writing skills
· Fluent in both oral and written English and Kiswahili
· Proficient in computer applications
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and supervise new staff members
· Proactive problem solver and solutions oriented management style
· An understanding of the context, prior experience working and/or living in the County is highly desirable
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and Cover Letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as ‘Manager Health and Nutrition Laisamis’. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 27th October 2019.
Each application should include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Concern has an organisational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with three Associated Policies; the Programme Participant Protection Policy (P4), the Child Safeguarding Policy and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of Concern staff, consultants, visitors to the programme and partner organisation, and the standards of behaviour expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organisation to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with Concern’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with Concern Worldwide will be expected to sign the Concern Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the Concern Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the Concern Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Concern’ is the trading name of ‘Concern Worldwide’, a company limited by guarantee, registered number 39647; registered charity number CHY 5745, registered in Ireland, registered address is 52-55 Lower Camden Street, Dublin 2, Ireland.
Follow Concern online: www.concern.net
CONCERN WORLDWIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT CHARGE FOR ANY KIND OF RECRUITMENT