Senior Food Voucher Officer
General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and is contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey. GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013 responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering an integrated food security, emergency response and water, sanitation and hygiene programme. Under Food security, GOAL delivers assistance through food kits and food vouchers, with the latter making up the majority of the food distribution caseload.
Duties, objectives and competencies
Program Planning and Implementation
- Participate in development of annual Detailed Implementation Plans (DIP).
- Develop weekly and monthly activities plans in line with the annual DIP, and in coordination with other members of the FV team and other departments.
- Coordinate the implementation of project activities according relevant plans
- Track progress against weekly, monthly, and annual plans. Provide accurate and timely updates and reports as needed. Identify challenges and propose solutions to ensure timely and effective implementation of activities.
- Support coordination with MEAL staff to plan, implement, analyze, and review the results of PDMs and other relevant monitoring data on a monthly basis.
- Support beneficiary accountability and participatory approaches throughout the program cycle.
- Participate in the design of initiatives to monitor or strengthen program quality, including assessments, registration, and beneficiary tracking.
Documentation and Reporting
- Support the program team in ensuring a secure and organized filing system and archive for beneficiary registration, distribution records, and other required documentation. Where necessary, cross check paper-based information with electronic ledgers and reports to ensure accurate reporting.
- Conduct basic analysis of the distribution database to support reporting to the donor or cluster. Supporting programming staff in submitting reports to the UN or cluster system including 4Ws.
- Maintain files and archives of voucher program support documentation, including price monitoring, sales record information, and vendor support.
- Support basic analysis of program support documentation.
- Ensure timely and accurate updates to the program MEAL Binder.
- Submit and follow up on requests for support from operations teams, including procurement (PRFs), supply chain (transfer of materials)
- Support translation of documents between English and Arabic.
- Record and promptly disseminate minutes for partner, staff and other meetings.
- Schedule and organize and/or assist in activities such as meetings, conferences, trainings and workshops for project staff.
- 1-2 years in a comparable position or internship, preferably with experience in emergency setting.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Capacity to work closely with and support local Syrian and Turkish partners.
- Excellent organization skills and self-directed.
- Eager to learn new GOAL processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated qualities of oral and written communication skills, culturally sensitive, and the ability to work with people of all faiths, good judgment, a team player and commitment to agency’s mission.
- Must be scrupulously honest and always foster an atmosphere of trust and integrity.
- Excellent computers and IT skills, fully capable with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PPT, Power BI)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship builder.
- Experience in Cash or Market based programming.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button.
Applications close on 17 October 2019
GOAL has a Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these and other relevant GOAL policies.
Any job offer made is also subject to background checks. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply now button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.