Advocacy Head Of Department- LIBYA
Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency - has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices - Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2017, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 20 million people in more than 46 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Country : Lybia in remote based first in Paris then in Tunis
Context : Libya has been in a state of almost continuous conflict since 2011. Once the richest country in Africa; the protracted conflict has contributed to economic decline; the destruction of infrastructure and the displacement of hundreds of thousands of people – some 22% of the country’s 6.6 million people are affected and 820,000 require urgent assistance. One of the situation’s most complex aspects resides in Libya being a doorway to Europe; there are between 700,000 and 1 million migrants trying to transit through the country (on their way to Europe). Action Against Hunger seeks to bring its’ expertise to Libya over the next year; to build an effective and sustainable presence to help the most vulnerable in this forgotten country.
Length of contract : 6 months - as soon as possible
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director Program, you will be in charge to establish an advocacy strategy and through this a programming presence in Tunisia and eventually Libya, build relationship with other NGOs, donors, UN, authorities. You will have to define and inform the ACF’s mission positioning ; enhance advocacy, protection and policy capacities and understanding at mission level
More precisely you will have to :
- Develop and roll out advocacy strategy for Libya (and Tunisia) in coordination with HQ and pool, including defining immediate priorities
- Map out and develop relationship with main actors and stakeholders
- Identify key humanitarian, protection and principles issues
- Support in collecting evidence base for mission strategy and future programming
The applicant :You hold an advanced university degree in international relations/ affairs, social sciences, politics, or similar field, with at least 3 years of demonstrated experience in planning and implementing advocacy activities. You have a strong and demonstrated expertise in humanitarian advocacy and/or representation, negotiation and influence of aid policies at a high level, especially in Middle East and North Africa. Having experience with MHPSS and Health advocacy is an asset. You have experience in setting up strategy within new missions.
Autonomous and result-oriented, you have strong political and diplomatic skills.
English fluency is compulsory. Arabic is an asset.
Capacity to work in complicated security environment is required, possibility to travel to Lybia.
Status : Long-term contract, provided by ACF according to the French legislation.
Manager’s word :
This is a very challenging position with exciting opportunity to set up new advocacy programming for ACF in evolving context, where ACFs sectors are in high demand.
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary: from €1805 to €2305 upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: net, field paid.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- · + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation :
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered (préciser si logement individuel)
Medical coverage : 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR :
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months ).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Opportunity of coaching (DP) or mentorship.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
Join us on Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/company/1334237/