Communication & International Relations Officer
Télécoms Sans Frontières (TSF) was founded in 1998 as the world’s first NGO focusing on emergency-response technologies. During humanitarian crises TSF gives affected people the possibility to contact their loved ones and begin to regain control of their lives. In parallel, TSF builds rapid-response communications centres for local and international relief workers. From its early days, these activities have been the core of TSF identity, but throughout the years, TSF has evolved to adapt its solutions to support vulnerable groups in a wide range of rapid-onset disasters and complex humanitarian crises.
TSF is an apolitical, non-denominational and non-profit organisation committed to the principles of humanity, neutrality, independence and impartiality. Both as a means of direct support and a vehicle for psychological relief, TSF defends its cause and promotes technology and telecommunications as a humanitarian priority. Our identity is based on the desire to remain a close-knit structure, where every voice counts and each individual's actions contribute directly to our humanitarian impact. As such, TSF, is seeking its next Communication & International Relations Officer based at its headquarters in Pau, France.
- This is not a remote position
- The applicant must be willing to live and work in Pau, France
- The applicant must speak both English and French
- The applicant must be available to travel internationally and participate in TSF’s emergency missions anywhere in the world
- For reasons related to the procedure for work permits in France, only candidates with an EU nationality or a valid work permit for France can be considered for this role. Kindly provide information about your work permit status and/or nationality in your application
- Otherwise, please abstain from applyingTSF will review applications and interview suitable candidates on a rolling basis. Early applications are strongly encouraged.
As Communication & International Relations Officer you will work in the Communication Department and in direct relation with our Fundraising Department. You will also work very closely with all other departments of the organisation in France or abroad.
You will be helping in the creation of a variety of communications materials in diverse formats in English and French. You will work on maximising user engagement and awareness of TSF through its website, its social media and other online tools. You will help carry out a wide range of communication, PR and fundraising activities to inform and maintain relations with the press, our private and institutional partners, our donors and the general public: networking events, press conferences, international summits, fundraising activities etc…
We are looking for a creative person with excellent writing skills in both English and French and a special ability for storytelling. The ideal candidate must also have a strong interest in telecommunications technologies and their application in humanitarian aid.
- Develop, edit, and modify high-quality original content for a variety of communications materials in diverse formats (print and digital): press releases, articles, mission fact sheets, social network posts, internal and external newsletters, reports, infographics etc…
- Ensure consistency in the language, look and feel of all communication materials
- Regularly update TSF’s website and social media accounts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube)
- Maintain organized records of all content including managing our photo and video database
- Create reports of activity (mailing, social media, website usage etc)
- Participate in the relations with private and institutional partners of TSF and assist in the development of fundraising activities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of communication and public relations initiatives
- Integrate TSF's emergency teams and carry out missions assigned to them in the context of humanitarian crises abroad
- Any other task as needed
Job Requirements / skills
- Degree level or equivalent in Communication or related topic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French (mother tongue or equivalent)
- Skilled writer for digital media including social media, blog posts, website blurbs, etc.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Proven capacity to work in a self- directed manner as well as a demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with the staff
- Strong PR and networking skills
- Desire and flexibility to travel internationally
- Demonstrated ability to contribute at both a strategic and an operational level
- Sensitivity to Humanitarian and Human Rights contexts
- Must be a resident of the EU
- Graphic design capabilities (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro etc. or Free Software equivalents);
- Video editing skills
- Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic
Type of contract: Permanent contract (CDI) - 35h/week
Monthly salary: 1 725€ net + 275€ benefits + 100% coverage of the mutual health and welfare by the employer + participation personal telephone and internet package up to 30 €
Start: November 1st
Location: Pau, France (This is not a remote position)
More information about Télécoms Sans Frontières