The role of the Communications Officer is to communicate Free To Shine’s mission, impact and organisational values to sponsors, donors, partners, and the general public through regular reports, website and social media content, hosting visitors at the office, and facilitating A Mile in Serey’s Shoes (AMISS) interactive educational experience at the Free To Shine headquarters three times a week. AMISS educates visitors about life in rural Cambodia and the challenges families face in regard to trafficking and exploitation.
This role plays a key part in engaging and educating potential donors and ensuring our communications are honest, respectful and educational for all stakeholders. **
- Model Free To Shine's values and associated behaviours at all times such as honesty, respect, integrity, transparency, fairness, flexibility, hard work, embracing challenges and teamwork.
- Lead, supervise, and support the Communications Assistant.
- Visitor Engagement (40%)
- Facilitate A Mile in Serey’s Shoes interactive educational experience three times a week.
- Market A Mile in Serey’s Shoes interactive educational experience in order to successfully meet targeted participant numbers.
- Host other visitors.
Impact Reporting (40%)
- Write Quarterly Impact Reports and Annual Report.
- Write quarterly blog and quarterly eNews.
- Write social media content.
- Write other donor reports, for example House Build Reports, as required.
- Maintain and update website content
- Oversee and proofread Annual Progress Reports.
- Oversee the filming of basic footage of our program.
- Write media releases and articles to be published in online and print.
- Monitor relevant news and reports and share on Free To Shine’s news feed.
- With the Partnerships Manager and Design Manager, coordinate all online communications and marketing for events.
Technical Support (20%)
- Manage IT security and technical systems including Dropbox, OSCaR, and staff email accounts.
- Back-end (WordPress) website management and content creation with attention to SEO and Google Analytics.
- Manage organisational email accounts and respond to general inquiries from potential volunteers, visitors, supporters, media, and other contents.
- Other tasks as required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a related field.
- At least 1 year paid or voluntary experience in communications for a business or charity.
- Experience in research and impact reporting.
- Excellent facilitation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience managing a small team is beneficial but not essential.
- Proven ability working with WordPress, including widgets and plugins.
- High level computer skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Experience with Online Newsletter services, e.g., MailChimp, is not necessary but would be highly valued.
- Basic photo editing skills.
- SEO and Google Analytics knowledge and experience.
- High degree of discretion dealing with confidential information.
- Willingness to share knowledge and learn new skills.
- Team-player with experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Interest in women’s development, girls education and preventing sex-trafficking and must be dedicated to the vision and goals of Free To Shine.
- A focus on high standards, quality and results.
RENUMERATION & CONDITIONS:
- Salary $790 USD per month before tax.
- Seniority pay provided.
- All public holidays as specified by the government plus 18 days paid Annual Leave and 7 days Special Leave (which includes sick leave).
- Local health and accident insurance.
Please email a copy of your Cover Letter and CV to: email@example.com with the subject line Communications Officer
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON: October 18, 2019